2023/24 Nathan Patterson

We are because he's got no chance of developing on the bench. I said;
100% agree it is start the lad or sell him of he is not good enough to get ahead of coleman young and wel was even behind godfrey. Then what is the point his contract is just running down and just dont see any improvement. Reading about mcneil today about the stories coming in for training before pre season has patterson done this to kick on and show how bad he wants to make that rb spot his

He's clearly very well liked by his fellow players but wish he could transfer some of that personality into ability on the pitch. Still think he can craft himself into a decent player but really just needs to stay fit. Last chance type of season this.

He needs to hit the ground running this pre season, needs to show Dyche what he's about. There's something there for sure (Brighton away where he took care of Mitoma and still carried a threat going forward) but those games have been very few and far between.

Agree. The kind of lad, like many players, that needs a consistent run of games and an arm around the shoulder if he has a bad one in that run. He is one I hope can turn it around, a bit like Myko has.

He needs to hit the ground running this pre season, needs to show Dyche what he's about. There's something there for sure (Brighton away where he took care of Mitoma and still carried a threat going forward) but those games have been very few and far between.
I think his biggest barrier here is being able to develop consistency in regards to his performances between his frequent injury woes and dyche's preference for a more seasoned player in his role it's been difficult to build on those positive showings , if he earns a chance to take a more prominent role at right back hopefully he can stay injury free

Think he showed good things at times. Hopefully his injuries are behind and lets see how we go.
Agreed totally. I don't understand the clamour amongst some of the participants of this forum for Patterson to fail here. I understand it from @davek, that's just straightforward bigotry, but from others it's just odd. The lad's been in and out of the side, has problems with injury and, I would argue at least, that his performances have been mixed rather than universally poor.

Agreed totally. I don't understand the clamour amongst some of the participants of this forum for Patterson to fail here. I understand it from @davek, that's just straightforward bigotry, but from others it's just odd. The lad's been in and out of the side, has problems with injury and, I would argue at least, that his performances have been mixed rather than universally poor.
I think the issue is all of our RB’s have been poor (understandably as we are starting fossils), and all of his bad performances get amplified. RB is by far our weakest position and we either need to sign someone or Patto needs to take it from our beloved Coleman and Ashley Young

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.