2023/24 Nathan Patterson

That assist won’t please the haters, shame.

The two best players in the defence are branthwaite and Patterson, but this kid gets the slagging. Tarks and young have been awful and we’re ropey again.

Spot on this.

The whole 'narrow full backs' rubbish has caught him out this season imo.

But at a point today it seemed like he just threw off the shackles and played his own game.

Couple of dodgy moments but overall 2nd best defender again.

Honestly @Zatara you can laugh and put your wow emojis on posts about him, if you think Patterson is adequate to be playing premier league football now and you’re not just trying to support him or holding out to be the one to say I told you so then I’m lost for words players like Patterson have dragged us down to what you’ve seen the opening games absolutely rubbish players out of their depth or past it clinging on.

Honestly @Zatara you can laugh and put your wow emojis on posts about him, if you think Patterson is adequate to be playing premier league football now and you’re not just trying to support him or holding out to be the one to say I told you so then I’m lost for words players like Patterson have dragged us down to what you’ve seen the opening games absolutely rubbish players out of their depth or past it clinging on.

Played next to Keane + Tarkowski and behind Garner.

I think hes played extremely well today having been screwed over by players around him and Dyche's pathetic tactics.

Last season he was very good.

Why did he come over to the centre backs position for the 2nd causing Tarks to try to cover his position. Surely that's basic.

Dyches tactics. He and Young do the same.

Its been discussed at length and in his 'masterclass' video.

It allows wingers to have acres of space, leaves centre backs unprotected due to the confusion and is just poor management imo.

I think hes played extremely well today having been screwed over by players around him and Dyche's pathetic tactics.

I don’t care who he’s playing next to right now he’s not good enough and neither are the players you mention which is my point a team littered with them has you where we’ve been and are now. Garner gets a bit of a pass as he’s playing totally wrong position Tarkowski has had a ropey start this season was fairly reliable last year Keane is a Donkey. Branthwaite is playing along side Tarkowski and young why does he look good?

I don’t care who he’s playing next to right now he’s not good enough and neither are the players you mention which is my point a team littered with them has you where we’ve been and are now. Garner gets a bit of a pass as he’s playing totally wrong position Tarkowski has had a ropey start this season was fairly reliable last year Keane is a Donkey. Branthwaite is playing along side Tarkowski and young why does he look good?

Im not sure why you dont understand that having a RW player who cant defend and tactics for him to tuck inside next to tarkowski are impeding him.

It seems pretty clear to me?

Perhaps ask someone else to explain.

Dyches tactics. He and Young do the same.

Its been discussed at length and in his 'masterclass' video.

It allows wingers to have acres of space, leaves centre backs unprotected due to the confusion and is just poor management imo.

…having a bit of a nightmare today, Zat.

As somebody who wants Patterson to be good, he definitely wasn’t ‘very good’ last season. Superlative cross today, let’s hope it’s a start for him.

As somebody who wants Patterson to be good, he definitely wasn’t ‘very good’ last season. Superlative cross today, let’s hope it’s a start for him.

I thought he was very good last season. Certainly better than Coleman.

I dont see him.doing too well if hes not given protection in front of him and told to stick to the ridiculous 3rd CB tactical positioning.

I’m the same he plays for us I want him to be good but I can only judge on what I’ve seen and so far he’s way off.

It’s always someone else’s fault isn’t it just take responsibility for your man will you.

Im a big fan of both Garner and Tarkowski.

Neither helped him, and neither has Keane or Dyche's tactics.

Not really sure what you want me to be negative about? A 21 year old boy who is being let down by teammates (no fault of garners out of position) and tactics.