2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on - its bigoted to say the lad can't defend?
It's bigoted to say he's the worst full back in the league, to have a massive stiffie for Neil Lennon (you wanted him to be our manager LOL), and to be anti the big bad blue any chance you get in posts you make. Nobody can deny he's not been great this season, but you go at disgusting lengths, you've certainly made it clear your primary football team isn't Everton. Honestly, the hatred you have for one of our own is just insane.

It's bigoted to say he's the worst full back in the league, to have a massive stiffie for Neil Lennon (you wanted him to be our manager LOL), and to be anti the big bad blue any chance you get in posts you make. Nobody can deny he's not been great this season, but you go at disgusting lengths, you've certainly made it clear your primary football team isn't Everton. Honestly, the hatred you have for one of our own is just insane.

Everton is the only team I support. And I definitely stand by the statement that, as a defender, Patto would be the worst right back in the league if playing regularly.

I have no hatred for him whatsoever. Like many of our recent crop of players he's stealing a living but that's not his fault. If he starts to actually defend well then I'd happily support him.

Ps yes Lennon would have been a far better manager for us than most of the recent ones - Fat Sam, Benitez, Lampard and Dyche too - but that's a different matter for a different thread.

Everton is the only team I support. And I definitely stand by the statement that, as a defender, Patto would be the worst right back in the league if playing regularly.

I have no hatred for him whatsoever. Like many of our recent crop of players he's stealing a living but that's not his fault. If he starts to actually defend well then I'd happily support him.

Ps yes Lennon would have been a far better manager for us than most of the recent ones - Fat Sam, Benitez, Lampard and Dyche too - but that's a different matter for a different thread.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Hopefully Patto takes this performance with him and restarts his season.

Young will be straight back in for the Luton game.

Didn't do a lot wrong tonight, but he doesn't deserve the shirt in important games. And no one can say he does.

…I assume Mykolenko is injured so Young might play LB.

i haven’t quoted my 10 word x 2 letter phrase for a while, but it describes Patterson’s situation;

’If it is to be, it is up to me’.

i haven’t quoted my 10 word x 2 letter phrase for a while, but it describes Patterson’s situation;

I assumed he was just swapping him and young to give them both a rest as he would be starting them both on Sat rather than it being an injury.

V Brentford ?

You best check his stats mate

He was embarrassing , got booked on their first attack then Lewis Potter ran him ragged.
He should be no where near the team.

Patterson has not looked great for the most part, neither has Mykolenko, but, they are both so much better than the 2023 version of Ashley Young. I'm not sure about Mykolenko, best we have at the moment in his position as is Patterson on the right. The difference is, Patterson shows signs that he can improve, I'm not so sure about Mykolenko. Either way, it's criminal to leave either out to play Young.

Oh Dave...

He had a good game yesterday.where he defended well and took players on when attacking and played some great balls across. Yet you can’t even give him credit.

Says it all.

And for the record, I fully expect Dyche to start Young at RB on Sat as well, but doesn’t mean Patterson didn’t do all the things yesterday that you are saying he can’t do against a full strength Aston Villa team.

Hold on, I get that people are giddy with 2 wins on the bounce, but don't let that wipe out your memory bank regarding this player...he has been apart from one or two appearances for us over 2 years utterly atrocious: a perfect example to anyone how NOT to defend.

In any case, everyone knows Young is straight back in at RB for the Lution game, so why am I getting any stick fr saying what we all know to be in the manager's head...

Ok, if Mykolenko is injured then that changes things. If Mykolenko is fit for Luton then what I said holds true: Young straight in at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back