2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been disappointed in him and don't like to see him starting.

You can point to mitigating circumstances as you can for every player at the club but sooner or later players have to prove they can step up, or not. We have been riddled with disappointments and hard-luck stories.

For me, he hasn't been able to grasp the opportunity.

Is a cup game against PL opposition not an important game?

A LC game - especially at this stage - does not have the same intensity as a PL game. It just doesn't and there's no point in saying otherwise.

Managers take different approaches to get the job done in 90 minutes and don't have draws in mind, that makes for a very different type of game.

Look at what Dyche did going to 3 at the back and looking to create a lot of forward momentum - there's no way he does that in a PL game at Villa Park and there's no way he'll go with anything other than 4 at the back in most games...and Patterson then has to defend...and we all know what that means.

I've been disappointed in him and don't like to see him starting.

You can point to mitigating circumstances as you can for every player at the club but sooner or later players have to prove they can step up, or not. We have been riddled with disappointments and hard-luck stories.

For me, he hasn't been able to grasp the opportunity.
I think he has had the same issue as Mykolenko. Neither have been horrifically awful but they have not done anything of note either. When they play they are just "there".

A LC game - especially at this stage - does not have the same intensity as a PL game. It just doesn't and there's no point in saying otherwise.

Managers take different approaches to get the job done in 90 minutes and don't have draws in mind, that makes for a very different type of game.

Look at what Dyche did going to 3 at the back and looking to create a lot of forward momentum - there's no way he does that in a PL game at Villa Park and there's no way he'll go with anything other than 4 at the back in most games...and Patterson then has to defend...and we all know what that means.
Maybe the difference is Dyche acknowledged we got trounced last time there and adjusted the team accordingly.

He saw the 3 outfield goals came from our disastrous left back position ( the other was a pen ) where Young get tore a new one.

Credit to Dyche for that.

I mean you didn't answer my question whatsoever there.

Was is an important game for Everton or not.

I mean you didn't answer my question whatsoever there.

Was is an important game for Everton or not.
Screenshot_20230928_101230_WhatsApp.webp

It was important to these folks.

He played well last night and against Sheffield United. I honestly think he has been a little unlucky to be dropped but I also agree with some there is scope for improvement both defending and attacking. I would have him playing Saturday over Young but the manager decides.
Being 'dropped' is too often how media and fans jump on selection. 'Resting' and 'protecting' players is less headline grabbing but also more useful to a team. NP's got a few areas to improve on, but showed great potential in a few games last season and - defo agree Saturday's a great place to pick up confidence from a good performance and hopefully a win. I'd give him the 1st 45 and let Ashley close it out.

Keane noy playing hope fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back