2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That unusual mid October heat seems to bring a certain type to the boil, Patterson will be fine with the midfield settled(ish) and a couple of strikers to rotate. It's a shame we've no prime Coleman and Baines for this side, but we make do and mend.

Bad mouthing Italian legends of the game. It's only bleedin' Monday.

That unusual mid October heat seems to bring a certain type to the boil, Patterson will be fine with the midfield settled(ish) and a couple of strikers to rotate. It's a shame we've no prime Coleman and Baines for this side, but we make do and mend.

Bad mouthing Italian legends of the game. It's only bleedin' Monday.
Charlie had a spectacular evening in here tbf.

What thread is it again?

Think he’s a nice enough lad and no issue with him except I don’t think he’s good enough to play at this level yet. That’s not knocking the lad, there’s hundreds of players in lower leagues who are good players but they’re at their standard, think this lad will have a decent career, just not in the prem at the moment.

We're a long way from the days of Coleman / Baines type quality and threat - Patterson and Myko are both slow burners and can and need to improve both ends of the pitch but need more games to do that.

Cups / injury cover are opportunities to start and they need to grab those. Whilst I don't want Dyche out (what he achieved last year was a near miracle with what he had) I do recognise from selection errors this season Dyche isn't the type of manager to improve them technique / tactics wise. Hopefully positioning defensively is something he can improve 'bombing on and crossing more' we can all yell from the sidelines!

🤔… Not in the least mate. Sticking purely to that era of Milan if you had said Franco Baresi you would have had a point. Paulo was one of the finest left backs to ever play the game (I think he was predominantly right footed as well). None of the full backs in our squad now or through the history of the club would be fit to lace his boots.
Maldini was magnificent.
Did it over a very long period as well, which says a lot about dedication and how he looked after himself off pitch.

No mate; Maldini was one of the best fullbacks the world has ever seen.

Please smoke less crack

No mate. He was very very good certainly but it needs context. I used to watch the Italian footy on C4 religiously and you'd often see games involving Milan and Juventus say where the opponent barely threatened. Anyone looks good swanning about on the ball without anyone pressing or challenging.

I need to find the extract from the book I referenced before. Coaches that managed against him.

Peak Baines was a little God for us. And Gary Stevens was levels above that. If you were there you knew.

No mate. He was very very good certainly but it needs context. I used to watch the Italian footy on C4 religiously and you'd often see games involving Milan and Juventus say where the opponent barely threatened. Anyone looks good swanning about on the ball without anyone pressing or challenging.

I need to find the extract from the book I referenced before. Coaches that managed against him.

Peak Baines was a little God for us. And Gary Stevens was levels above that. If you were there you knew.

And what about all the European and international games against good opponents that helped him get 5x CL titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back