2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Malidini quote "If I have to make a tackle, then I've already made a mistake"
Spot on.

Its bewildering to me: here we are with 3 wins in 4 games without him anywhere near the team and some people are advocating we put him back in the team.

Incredible 'logic'.

Spot on.

Its bewildering to me: here we are with 3 wins in 4 games without him anywhere near the team and some people are advocating we put him back in the team.

Incredible 'logic'.
Incredible indeed

Yet the vast majority of opposition goals have come from the opposite flank , mainly where Young has been playing.

Dyche don't do logic.

Don’t bother trying to change the agenda with cold hard facts mate - the die is cast for this lad by a number of blues it seems.

The absolute least of our problems - in fact, with Harrison and McNeil in front of him I think he could be boss.

He needs to win some fans over, nothing wrong with that as so far he hasn't lived up to expectations but he has time on his side.

Don’t bother trying to change the agenda with cold hard facts mate - the die is cast for this lad by a number of blues it seems.

The absolute least of our problems - in fact, with Harrison and McNeil in front of him I think he could be boss.
He’s been up there as one of our problems since last season, going off his last start and recent cameos he isn’t a problem but that needs to continue mistakes are expected as he’s nowhere near the finished article, which is why I’d of preferred him and think he needed a season loan away to get a full season of first team football under his belt at a lower level while gaining experience think he’s suffered by being put in/not ready for premier league football.

Those stats mean the reverse to what you think they reveal.

The fact he has all those tackles and blocks, for example, is that he's so positionally poor he HAS to make tackles in abundance and last ditch blocks.

We can all see with our own eyes how poor he is. The manager sees it too, which is why he prefers to play an out of form 38 year old LB in that RB berth until Coleman recovers.

When will the dwindling band of apologists accept that he's just not good enough.

Don't try blinding them with logic Dave. Doesn't suit their agenda.

Sure as night follows day, and even after an Everton win, the agenda must roll on.

The manager has a huge blind spot re young, same as he did with Keane and branthwaite - patto will displace both young and Coleman before too long, and if Harrison is playing ahead of him consistently, he will get even better protection and become a better player for it, in a settled side.

The kid will be a more than decent rb for us or whoever he joins after us, no matter how much you kick and scream to the sky that he’s terrible.

"NathDogg" interesting name