NCAA (US College) Sports

It’s been exactly what you would expect. All through the 90’s and most of the 00’s season tickets were pretty scarce and the ones that were available required a substantial donation to purchase them. Single game tickets weren’t really a thing.

Around 2010 the team’s fortunes taking a downturn combined with all the games being on TV made it so that buying season tickets didn’t make as much sense because you could pick them up on the street before the game for well below face value except when Alabama and Georgia fans would come up and pay a premium for them and take over the stadium.
I'll have to ask my mother about that the next time we chat. One of her best friends retired from a significant inside position in the program a couple years ago.

I have stories.

Crazy schedule Saturday. Penn State/Michigan, followed by toggle heaven with Alabama/Tennessee opposite Oklahoma State/TCU, then the late game is at least decent (USC/Utah), with a chance of a weird Clemson upset away to FSU. Looks like far and away the best slate of games until November.

Crazy schedule Saturday. Penn State/Michigan, followed by toggle heaven with Alabama/Tennessee opposite Oklahoma State/TCU, then the late game is at least decent (USC/Utah), with a chance of a weird Clemson upset away to FSU. Looks like far and away the best slate of games until November.
GameDay back in Knoxville Saturday. Plus I lucked into a couple free tickets today, so this weekend is gonna be fun.

Bonkers day. Alabama/UT was worth circling. My mother texted her friend and hasn't heard back. That looked like the kind of celebration (complete with goalpost teardown) where people might never be heard from again.

GameDay back in Knoxville Saturday. Plus I lucked into a couple free tickets today, so this weekend is gonna be fun.
Good dog, Smokeyl He's not my dog, but he's a good dog none the less.
My Bama cousin's in sackcloth, but I'm sipping my beer with a smile tonight post gig. Good thing I was too busy to watch.

842819_750x422.jpg

Most of the top games today were fantastic, except for Penn State which you could smell a mile away, they usually flatter to deceive and come up well short against the real big boys.

Bonkers day. Alabama/UT was worth circling. My mother texted her friend and hasn't heard back. That looked like the kind of celebration (complete with goalpost teardown) where people might never be heard from again.
It was all a lot more orderly than it looked on TV, I’m not aware of any serious injuries. That said, what an insane day here in Knoxville yesterday. Definitely the best game I’ve ever seen in person, and honestly difficult to even imagine how it could be topped.

For those wondering where the goalposts went after leaving the stadium, one set was paraded a couple miles down the main street on campus before being thrown into the Tennessee River, the other one that went out via being carried up the stands just went straight to the river.

Marshawn Lynch just dropped live words that usually get bleeped. I kinda got lucky enough to get to know him. He's a good guy.

I've always been a fan of his since I saw the clip of him driving on the field at cal after the Bills had drafted him. Can I ask how you got to know him?

He draws a mixture if reactions here tbh though allegedly stole like $20 bucks in dave and busters out of a girl's purse which I never believed the story, but also had a hit and run with a girl, some drunk girl Jay walking idk what happened there. People just stand in the streets here its crazy.

I've always been a fan of his since I saw the clip of him driving on the field at cal after the Bills had drafted him. Can I ask how you got to know him?

He draws a mixture if reactions here tbh though allegedly stole like $20 bucks in dave and busters out of a girl's purse which I never believed the story, but also had a hit and run with a girl, some drunk girl Jay walking idk what happened there. People just stand in the streets here its crazy.

Yeah no problem. One of my managers at one point in my career was a childhood friend of his. I promoted her and he just showed up alone the same day I was at her store.

He is a shy guy until he trusts you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back