2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its not Maupay strength to play a lone striker his strength of holding the ball up is just not there no height neither to win high balls .....never a replacement for Dominic Calvert-Lewin who hopefully is getting match time fitter....
Im looking forward to see them both work together, those 2 with Gray could make our front three this season

I’m pretty impressed with Maupay. He works hard and is at least some sort of focal point up top. However we really are lacking genuine quality/threat in forward areas.

I’m pretty impressed with Maupay. He works hard and is at least some sort of focal point up top. However we really are lacking genuine quality/threat in forward areas.

These words are in complete contrast to the last 3 games. There's a role for him in the squad but the idea he's a focal point up top is well and truly done.

No point signing Maupay if you're leaving him up front alone against two centre halves, absolutely awful tactic that. Either play him alongside a strike partner or don't play him at all. That said, we could have Mbappe or Haaland in a 4-5-1 and still struggle for goals, so bad is our wing play. McNeil, Gray, Gordon and you've seemingly got to start with two of them in every single game. League One that.

These words are in complete contrast to the last 3 games. There's a role for him in the squad but the idea he's a focal point up top is well and truly done.

We are lacking creativity going forward. He’s not getting any clear cut opportunities.

I hear someone saying he needs a strike partner. But that’s changed the formation again and isn’t going to happen. He’s done well for me just needs feeding

Passing is poor
Dribbling is horrible
Back to goal is abysmal
First touch is awful
Heading is crap
Shooting is inconsistent
Link up play is difficult to watch

Tell me what is he good at and why are we celebrating this signing in the first place.

Passing is poor
Dribbling is horrible
Back to goal is abysmal
First touch is awful
Heading is crap
Shooting is inconsistent
Link up play is difficult to watch

Tell me what is he good at and why are we celebrating this signing in the first place.
Yep, pretty much summed up why he was a poor signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back