2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's pretty clear how different him and DCL are in playing style.

I like Maupay for his ability to make defenders uncomfortable with his workrate and he does have the ability to pull defenders with some decent runs, however he hasn't been able to demonstrate any real quality with his back to goal for us as of yet. It could simply be it isn't in his locker and he's better as a poacher.

I think adding variety upfront wasn't a bad thing considering we have DCL and Rondon who are more comfortable at that side of the game.

It's pretty clear how different him and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are in playing style.

I like Maupay for his ability to make defenders uncomfortable with his workrate and he does have the ability to pull defenders with some decent runs, however he hasn't been able to demonstrate any real quality with his back to goal for us as of yet. It could simply be it isn't in his locker and he's better as a poacher.

I think adding variety upfront wasn't a bad thing considering we have Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Rondon who are more comfortable at that side of the game.

Maupay just isnt a 1 up top CF for me.

Either play him alongside DCL or in the Richarlison role oot wide and see if he adapts to cutting inside and getting a shot away.

We spent about £25m on McNeil and Maupay. That would have bought us a damn fine striker from outside of the Premier League.
Like who?

West Ham paid 50m for both Scammacca and Paqueta, who have contributed 0 and 2 goals respectively (less than Maupay and McNeil have done combined).

I'm not saying either has done well, but there arent that many good players kicking about. Christ Liverpool paid 85m for Nunez who has only managed 3 goals.

Maupay just isnt a 1 up top CF for me.

Either play him alongside Dominic Calvert-Lewin or in the Richarlison role oot wide and see if he adapts to cutting inside and getting a shot away.

I think he can do that job, but its needs to be in a time who gets the ball into his feet more.

He started well, but has been poor the last 2/3 games. But then, that's kind of what you get at the 10m price point.

We played Richarlison up top, and honestly he struggled last season up front on his own. It's a hard gig for us at present. However poor/unfit DCL has been the last 12 months, that does have to be factored in a bit.

I think he can do that job, but its needs to be in a time who gets the ball into his feet more.

He started well, but has been poor the last 2/3 games. But then, that's kind of what you get at the 10m price point.

We played Richarlison up top, and honestly he struggled last season up front on his own. It's a hard gig for us at present. However poor/unfit Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been the last 12 months, that does have to be factored in a bit.
When Iwobi isn't firing I'd like to see Maupay played the advanced attacker role, off C-Lewin a la Cahill. See if we can use him running into space after knock downs and flick ons, or helping working it wide for overloads.

When Iwobi isn't firing I'd like to see Maupay played the advanced attacker role, off C-Lewin a la Cahill. See if we can use him running into space after knock downs and flick ons, or helping working it wide for overloads.

Generally though, Iwobi has fired. I think theres a case that Iwobi has to finish games off the right more often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back