2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst ever signing...might even be worst than niasse. He is small so can get any ball from the air and his movement is as bad as I ever saw from any professional player. Should have kept simms and save the cash for when a good player becomes available.

We cannot be playing Maupay the same way we’d do for Dominic Calvert-Lewin - they’re completely different players.

I like Maupay but it’s proving to be a baffling signing cause we do not play to his strengths.
indeed absolutely horrible as a lone striker. This needs rectifying in January asap. As soon as DCL went off we could have played for hours and not have scored. And that is not criticising Maupay alone, he didnt get two one on ones with th goalie. Only we have no clue what to do when we dont have someone like Dom to aim at

….surprisingly dreadful back-to-goal technique for somebody who has played so many games at this level. Everything played up to him comes back.

This was an issue before the season started & we brought the wrong type of player in as the window shut. if we don’t sign an effective central striker we’re going to struggle badly.

Worst ever signing...might even be worst than niasse. He is small so can get any ball from the air and his movement is as bad as I ever saw from any professional player. Should have kept simms and save the cash for when a good player becomes available.
Thing is when Niasse came on you would think something may happen but this clown is awful, an absolute nothing player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back