2023/24 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, in a world where 99.9% of players give boring stock answers, he's a breath of fresh air.
I know it stings for England fans now but getting angry at Maupay just makes it all the funnier.
I love characters in the game and he seems to be one.
Shame he's not very good.

He can go do it somewhere else. Not at Everton

Such as bringing billions into the UK economy?

*thats the Royal family not Maupay ;)
Such a poor argument. If there was no monarchy, the tourists would still come to see where they were guillotined and for tours around all the palaces that would be opened to the public to see the lavish lifestyle they lived in on the back historic atrocities modern day tax payers money, and unclaimed inheritance from normal every day people

He paid a company to help run his Twitter & Instagram accounts, by the way. Wasn't happy with how he was being perceived online apparently..

In other countries (surely i dont need to name them) he would not be able to make such comments -- but my post is about Maupay reminding me about distasteful posts from another footballer.
What other countries ? Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia ? Are you suggesting the English should follow this route ?

McLean is from a nationalist background in the North of Ireland. He grew up during the troubles there and obviously has been heavily influenced by what happened around him, He is strong willed enough to speak his mind even though he knew it would be unpopular.

People can agree with him or disagree but the main point is that the democracy is strong enough to let people freely express their opinions without trying to shut them down.

There is too much of that already in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back