2023/24 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have no business with our team for his footballing ability anyway but imagine posting that troll attempt after your teams number one gave an interview about how devastated he was. What a prick.

I don’t care about taking shots at England, but his supposed team mate was playing.
I don't think Pickford will care though he's a grown fella I can't see why something like that would bother him. Either he doesn't get on with Maupay anyway in which case it doesn't make any difference or he does and they'll have a laugh about it when they see eachother like normal adults do. I don't know why Maupay wants to act the way he does its not for me but its not a big deal either he's just playing up to his reputation for laughs who cares.

….just seen pictures of them arriving, there’s loads of them, even Dele is there :Blink:
Yes, video of them boarding a charter plane in JL airport earlier, shows most of them boarding. With the exception, of Pickford its a full pre season squad. Think they are staying in Carton House (?) just west of Dublin. Two verrry nice golf courses on site and very high end training pitches, facilities designed for visiting squads, football and rugby catered for.

I don't think Pickford will care though he's a grown fella I can't see why something like that would bother him. Either he doesn't get on with Maupay anyway in which case it doesn't make any difference or he does and they'll have a laugh about it when they see eachother like normal adults do. I don't know why Maupay wants to act the way he does its not for me but its not a big deal either he's just playing up to his reputation for laughs who cares.
I’ll be honest, I’m 35 and if I’d just gone through a huge disappointment like Pickford had and jumped on social media to see a colleague putting the boot in I’d not be having a laugh with them about it.

Listen to Pickford’s post match interview, everything he’s been working for in his career lead to that moment with his family and friends all there watching and he’s lost for the second time in a row to a sucker punch late goal.

Nothing will persuade me that’s not a gobshite move

I’ll be honest, I’m 35 and if I’d just gone through a huge disappointment like Pickford had and jumped on social media to see a colleague putting the boot in I’d not be having a laugh with them about it.

Listen to Pickford’s post match interview, everything he’s been working for in his career lead to that moment with his family and friends all there watching and he’s lost for the second time in a row to a sucker punch late goal.

Nothing will persuade me that’s not a gobshite move
Like I said it depends what sort of relationship they have if they don't get on well anyway then it won't make much difference if they do then they'll probably be fine about it and laugh it off as a joke like people do every day with these things its not like he was mocking Pickford individually. I think acting the way Maupay does is immature but I think a lot of footballers come across that way. If he was good absolutely nobody would care and a lot of people would be saying it was hilarious but because he's crap its just an easy thing to moan about.

Like I said it depends what sort of relationship they have if they don't get on well anyway then it won't make much difference if they do then they'll probably be fine about it and laugh it off as a joke like people do every day with these things its not like he was mocking Pickford individually. I think acting the way Maupay does is immature but I think a lot of footballers come across that way. If he was good absolutely nobody would care and a lot of people would be saying it was hilarious but because he's crap its just an easy thing to moan about.
I don’t think it’ll cause any problems because Pickford is a professional and a leader in the squad and dealt with his fair share of nonsense during his career but it’s a knob move when your team mate just lost a final in that fashion.

Nothing to do with Maupay being crap at football either (although it’s arguably another reason he should pipe down as he could only dream of going as far as Jordan did), everyone turned on Mirallas when he acted a knob even though he was a good footballer.

I don’t think it’ll cause any problems because Pickford is a professional and a leader in the squad and dealt with his fair share of nonsense during his career but it’s a knob move when your team mate just lost a final in that fashion.

Nothing to do with Maupay being crap at football either (although it’s arguably another reason he should pipe down as he could only dream of going as far as Jordan did), everyone turned on Mirallas when he acted a knob even though he was a good footballer.
What did Mirallas do? People turned on him a bit after the penalty thing with Baines but not to any real extent and I don't remember him doing anything else its obviously different acting up on the pitch to just being a prat on social media. Theres absolutely no way the reaction would be the same if Branthwaite had made a joke about Belgium going out not a chance so it is to do with how good he is which is fine but lets not pretend otherwise.

What did Mirallas do? People turned on him a bit after the penalty thing with Baines but not to any real extent and I don't remember him doing anything else its obviously different acting up on the pitch to just being a prat on social media. Theres absolutely no way the reaction would be the same if Branthwaite had made a joke about Belgium going out not a chance so it is to do with how good he is which is fine but lets not pretend otherwise.
People in here turned on him loads after the penalty thing and he never really got back in popular favour. They are different yeah but I only mention it to say it doesn’t matter about ability if a player acts like a knob.

My reaction has been that I think Maupay is out of order posting that after his team mate just lost a huge final and I would absolutely think Branthwaite is a knob as well if it had been Onana losing a final instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back