2023/24 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced Brentford don’t want him, they will probably just fancy their chances at getting him for a lower fee than the one agreed in the loan, similar to us with Harrison.
Can’t see it. Seemed pretty final. They spent what little money they have editing emotional farewell videos of him, and he’s started sucking up to Dyche. In just a few short weeks we will be seeing official videos showing how high a standing jump he can do compared to Holgate. The footballing highlight of the summer. Measuring day!

Well he was better playing as an auxillary striker for Brentford so I would think he’s best position is playing off the striker although he did provide a few assists as well. A lot on here would think his correct position is anywhere but Everton!! What do you think Carlito? Nice to hear from you by the way!
He's never looked like anything more than a Championship-level striker to me.

Pretty sure he played in the middle of a front three at Brentford until Toney came back (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nea...ils/spieler/217115/wettbewerb/GB1/saison/2023), and then was dropped. Similar situation at Brighton and Everton, so 33 goals in 160 games suggests this isn't the league for him.

This made me laugh, from his Wiki: Maupay's footballing idol is Zinedine Zidane. He stated that he "can play out wide or as a number 10, but my favoured position is striker. I like to play down the middle and use my pace to get in behind defences" and "I'm used to looking after the ball and holding off defenders."

Good news is, he's only got one year left.

Little weasel
He’s got a crap turn of pace and an eye for the stands
He's full of bull.
Hope we can move him on in the summer, don't even care about the price.
How has this man made top of the page
I am Absolutely Flabbergasted 🤐
Very limited player, very dislikeable human being.
Hi Neal

Trust you are doing well.

Welcome back...

…..I doubt his commitment as a professional. The fact he got himself so fit ahead of last season suggests he was very unfit in his season with us. I don’t get this ‘he doesn’t suit the way we play’, the lad is a striker and they should relish using their technique against defenders regardless of system.

He’s not combative, he’s no threat running the channels, offers nothing back to goal, link play is average and he can’t keep up when the team breaks in wide positions. There is no excuses for his performances in an Everton shirt, he’s been very poor in all aspects of forward play.
Yep he's definitely been phoning it in for Everton. I'm not sure why he came, money I suppose. He needs a fresh start and we need rid of him.

I try to stay chipper!
Maybe it suits you!
He's never looked like anything more than a Championship-level striker to me.

Pretty sure he played in the middle of a front three at Brentford until Toney came back (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nea...ils/spieler/217115/wettbewerb/GB1/saison/2023), and then was dropped. Similar situation at Brighton and Everton, so 33 goals in 160 games suggests this isn't the league for him.

This made me laugh, from his Wiki: Maupay's footballing idol is Zinedine Zidane. He stated that he "can play out wide or as a number 10, but my favoured position is striker. I like to play down the middle and use my pace to get in behind defences" and "I'm used to looking after the ball and holding off defenders."

Good news is, he's only got one year left.
It will be better news if we get a decent fee for him when he goes, he has no desire to come back here for his last twelve months and who can blame him for that, I still think he is a better player than he showed at Goodison, let’s be honest every striker who has played the ‘ Lone Ranger’ role in the last three years or so for Everton even DCL has been the target for stick on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back