2024/25 Neal Maupay

Merseyside Police never made any appeals for information relating to a "headlock" or other assault. There have been no prosecutions or convictions. No one has been banned from the stadium. Basically, other than verbal claims to members of the press in the press room on 14 January 2023, no evidence or written claim by "the club" or individuals at "the club" was ever made or presented

On balance that suggests it did not happen.
Am pretty sure Bad News O'Keefe admitted he'd been hoodwinked by people at the club IE Kenwright....and he was rightly furious as well.

Excellent point.

Regarding fans abusing our own players, though: how do we expect that that will make them perform better?

I dont think those involved care about the reasoning my friend. Maupay doesn't get minutes on the pitch yet was given abuse.

What on earth are you going on about mate hahhahahahahahaahhaah

Social media is over run with people who lack positive male role models in their lives and it saddens me mate. I even had to put one poster on this forum on egnore because they claimed they hated me and I was making their life a misery.

Bare in mind I had never said or done anything personal towards this poster, I had never slept with their missus or ran over their dog, I simply disagreed with them on football. I've had even worse experiences on social media platforms such as twitter - threats of violence etc.

These peoples fathers have failed them. My aim on here / social media is to make them more resilient, respectful members of our communities.

We don't have a single player who would react to a middle aged man with a pot belly and say we will show you and play better.

Our players reaction appears to be 'the fans don't deserve us, we are trying our best'.

I may be wrong but I can't imagine Andy Gray or Peter Reid reacting in this manner.

I am not condoning the abuse in any way, but it looks like a little fat chap who had too much too drink.

In Reid / Grays time they could give the heckler a smack and that be that. Nowadays you have camera phones and cancel culture. If a player reacted like they would have done in the 70's or 80's there would be chaos !

The small minority of fans heckling the players at the railway station was embarrassing. But this bloke loves nothing more than having a go at us. Any excuse and he hits the keyboard.

He could have come out and said he recognises it's a small minority, they're trying their best etc ect. But players like Maupay don't help the situation. He loves aggravating us. He's pretty rubbish at football too.

Maybe if the fans werent on his back all the time that would be different ? He took a lot of flack before his loan move to Brentford when in fairness it was the manager playing him in a poor set up rather than a lack of effort on the players part.

Merseyside Police never made any appeals for information relating to a "headlock" or other assault. There have been no prosecutions or convictions. No one has been banned from the stadium. Basically, other than verbal claims to members of the press in the press room on 14 January 2023, no evidence or written claim by "the club" or individuals at "the club" was ever made or presented

On balance that suggests it did not happen.
I bet you’d make a great domestic violence lawyer.

The small minority of fans heckling the players at the railway station was embarrassing. But this bloke loves nothing more than having a go at us. Any excuse and he hits the keyboard.

He could have come out and said he recognises it's a small minority, they're trying their best etc ect. But players like Maupay don't help the situation. He loves aggravating us. He's pretty rubbish at football too.
Has any other player from the club tweeted it at all? Interesting that it’s just him if it is. He is an antagonist. He needs to remember whose paying his wages….the absolute scummy bellend.

Ha that and many other names
IMG_0947.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back