2024/25 Neal Maupay

I mean, he is absolutely correct that no one should get close quarters verbal abuse for doing their job. At the same time, I do wonder what referees make of it when they read players complaining about it. I’m sure Maupay has never told a ref to eff off though.
Excellent point.

Regarding fans abusing our own players, though: how do we expect that that will make them perform better?

Excellent point.

Regarding fans abusing our own players, though: how do we expect that that will make them perform better?
We don't have a single player who would react to a middle aged man with a pot belly and say we will show you and play better.

Our players reaction appears to be 'the fans don't deserve us, we are trying our best'.

I may be wrong but I can't imagine Andy Gray or Peter Reid reacting in this manner.

I am not condoning the abuse in any way, but it looks like a little fat chap who had too much too drink.

Exactly right. I've never before seen an Everton player take the p out of the club in such a public way. His statements while he was out on loan - knowing that there was a high likelihood of him returning to Goodison - now trying to become a warrior for hurt and upset footballers because he was called a rat by some drunk fellas.

As far as I know there haven't been any death or physical threats to him, nor has anybody abused him due to his nationality, religion or appearance.

IMO, as genuinely unpleasant as it is, it's absolutely realistic to expect working-class men to vent their anger when you're paid twice more weekly than they are per year despite you basically doing nothing for your money and them having to sacrifice a lot just to put food on the table and pay the bills, with going to the game perhaps their only release from everyday life.

BTW I don't condone verbal abuse of footballers or anybody in general, but it goes with the territory in a sport you can't compare with everyday life or 99% of other professions.
Not having that, sacrificing nothing when you are paying for a train to London to watch a football game. Hardly smacking of having no money for food....looked like the red faced gammon had had plenty of expensive london pints inside him aswell. If you cant handle life in the doldrums as an Everton supporter, and turning into a cry arse 5 year old then go do something more positive with your life. If life's so hard you can't afford food, Everton ain't going to cheer you up!!

We don't have a single player who would react to a middle aged man with a pot belly and say we will show you and play better.

Our players reaction appears to be 'the fans don't deserve us, we are trying our best'.

I may be wrong but I can't imagine Andy Gray or Peter Reid reacting in this manner.

I am not condoning the abuse in any way, but it looks like a little fat chap who had too much too drink.
The guy was an idiot but players are used to getting grief at games.
This indignation/outrage from Maupay et Al is because they know they're stealing a wealthy living and don't like it called out.
I have no doubt Maupay has said 'easy money' to himself since signing for Everyon or Holgate has said 'why would I take a wage cut by leaving?'
If there is truth to the story that those fans, having spent a lot going to Spurs, we're held back to allow the Royal procession through then I'd be fuming too.

Maupay coaching advice for Dyche

e684f787-bceb-444f-b77a-49526b0f3a18_text.gif

You live in denial, as do many others.

You believe that numerous current & ex players, current & ex managers, ex board members, news reporters, other fans both EFC and none EFC are all in cahoots in making lies up about our fans, for what purpose ?

Do you think players like Lindstrom will want to stick around when he's reading nothing but negativity about the place ?

Digne hit with a bottle, Mina & Gordon harassed outside of the ground, team booed off the pitch after one game, manager hounded to be sacked after two games... all lies & conspiracy ?

And do you genuinely believe, that with all the cctv, security etc in the ground, that some punter was able to get the CEO of a premier league club in a headlock, and yet nobody knows who that punter was?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back