Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest to God Neville is horrendous. He put two passes straight out of play tonight as well as literally hiding behind a player rather than making an angle at one point because he looked scared to receive the ball. As well as these specific incidents he literally killed off any momentum we had whenever he got the ball and was too late getting there to make any tackles. How people can still say he 'does a job' is baffling.

I initially thought we'd need a centre-mid more than striker.

I now would like to retract that statement. Thank you for reminding me that Fellaini is central midfielder, an excellent one at that. With a boss striker like Negredo we could really push for top four.

Get it done.

I now would like to retract that statement. Thank you for reminding me that Fellaini is central midfielder, an excellent one at that. With a boss striker like Negredo we could really push for top four.

Get it done.

Is right mate. It's what we're missing, goals. Sound defensively but we just do not kill games off early or often enough. Having two boss strikers on the pitch or one on the bench to come on would make a massive difference.

Is right mate. It's what we're missing, goals. Sound defensively but we just do not kill games off early or often enough. Having two boss strikers on the pitch or one on the bench to come on would make a massive difference.

We definitely need more goals but are you really serious about us being "sound defensively"? We seem to need a 3 goal lead to be comfortable (and that hasn't happened for a long time).

Tonight was a great example - we dominate the game but 1 screw up and suddenly we spent the last 20 minutes in "about to lose it" mode.

Absolutely this. With the quality we have in creating chances, we really need someone to put them away. Jelavic may thrive on the competition as well, you never know.

Oh ffs.

Stop it everyone.

Untill he's seen in a photo at GP with David Moyes's beady eyes staring at him with his arm around him, then we aren't signing him ffs.

We just dont learn do we? lol

The torture of hope, its the human condition. Evertonians anyway.

The issue at United was that he wasn't seen as good enough, not that he wasn't fit. He was either on the bench or playing for United the majority of the time, he was rarely out of the squad for long periods in his last two seasons for United.
My beef is not with his time at United, and this really isn't a beef but more of an observation...he's missed basically 2 full months now in less than a full season with some fairly light issues. Injuries are what they are, the "problem" with it has how we've played with and without him...it's shown up our main weakness, IMHO. Like I said, either/or will do but I can see why we went after Fer first.

Get it done.

Spot on

We definitely need more goals but are you really serious about us being "sound defensively"? We seem to need a 3 goal lead to be comfortable (and that hasn't happened for a long time).

Tonight was a great example - we dominate the game but 1 screw up and suddenly we spent the last 20 minutes in "about to lose it" mode.

Goals conceded:

Chelsea - 24
Everton - 27
Spurs - 29
Arsenal - 29
Liverpool - 30
United - 31

Only Chelsea and City have conceded less goals than us. However, goals scored:

United - 59
Chelsea - 49
Arsenal - 48
Liverpool - 42
Spurs - 41
Everton - 37

Our defending is fine, really. We have this strange difficulty with keeping a clean sheet, but we rarely concede more than 1 goal (which is why i find your statement about us needing a three goal lead to be comfortable a bit strange).

Far and away our biggest problem is that we don't score enough goals. While Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs can put 3 or 4 past a team and put the result beyond all doubt, we can't.

We've scored 3 goals or more on three occasions this season, Spurs have done it six times, Arsenal seven times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back