Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
But mearly pointing out its a lot of money when there's Jelavic, Hernandez, Ba's etc out there.

Strike rate isn't a problem, it was just comparing to other at the same level, bought for less.

Darren Bent has a better strike rate in the prem and we'd probably get him for the same price

Jelavic was a risk, Michu was a risk, Ba was a risk and still is.

We're looking to buy a proven, quality player. That's why he'll cost more.

Is it only me who think hes not worth nearly 10 million?

He's 27, his strike rate isn't steller, and compared to say Michu etc the price and his age doesn't add up

I'd certainly prefer to buy an immense central midfielder like Fer, rather than this feller, who we can't afford anyway.

Are people seriously doubting the quality of Negredo?

He is a regular player for the best international football team in the world.

Michu had one season in La Liga at age 25, he was a late bloomer, a bit unproven. That isn't the case with Negredo, who was in the Euro 2012 squad for Spain.

Precisely.

I'd rather we spend this money on a player who is highly likely to make an instant impact, than throwing the money on a risk just to save some cash.

Exactly.

efc__1314357413_Billy.jpg

Are people seriously doubting the quality of Negredo?

He is a regular player for the best international football team in the world.

For the money, yes.

He's played 12 times mainly because Villa was injured, Torres has turned gash, Llorente ain't getting game time.

They rather play with zero strikers than him.

Guillem Balague â€￾@GuillemBalague
Sevilla have no substitute for Negredo. Club thinks nothing will happen now, nobody paying enuf as yet (20m wanted). Summer move more likely

Thats that done then!

Jelavic was a risk, Michu was a risk, Ba was a risk and still is.

We're looking to buy a proven, quality player. That's why he'll cost more.

Cost effective risks though. 5mill for the top striker in Scotland etc isn't a bad gamble.

Don't forget we're blowing all our cash on this feller. Expecting Yakubu style goal return if it comes off... Which I could never see him doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back