Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on heavens earth is "re-sale value" should we have 22 teenagers and hope the likes of City or United bid for them? Negredo's class hope we sign him.
When money is as tight as it is here, re-sale value is VERY important. Absolutely fine if you're Manchester City or Chelsea and can afford to splash out 16 million on a 28 year old, get 2 or 3 good years out of him and then either release or sell for buttons.

But when you're operating on a sell to buy policy as we are, It's pretty vital to be spending any decent amount of money on players at good ages. Many on here are already banking the 25 million on Fellaini to re-invest in to the squad. What if we'd spent 15 million on him at 28 and he was now in his 30's and worthless? Where is the war chest coming from then? Certainly not Kenwright is it.

We need to be realistic here and accept that aside from a few quid Kenwright might grudgingly give Moyes out of the TV money, the majority of his transfer "pot" will come from money made from player sales.

We NEED to be signing younger players with re-sale value until the financial situation at boardroom level changes. I would be absolutely staggered given Moyes' recent comments about an aging squad and needing to invest in youth, if he spend his entire budget (or major chunk of it) on a 28 year old striker.

They're interested enough to meet up , like I say it might amount to nothing but he's not rejected it out of hand which is something , the finances of the deal would be interesting though
Do you think he'd pick us over Dortmund though? Considering what he said the other week about the prem?

When money is as tight as it is here, re-sale value is VERY important. Absolutely fine if you're Manchester City or Chelsea and can afford to splash out 16 million on a 28 year old, get 2 or 3 good years out of him and then either release or sell for buttons.

But when you're operating on a sell to buy policy as we are, It's pretty vital to be spending any decent amount of money on players at good ages. Many on here are already banking the 25 million on Fellaini to re-invest in to the squad. What if we'd spent 15 million on him at 28 and he was now in his 30's and worthless? Where is the war chest coming from then? Certainly not Kenwright is it.

We need to be realistic here and accept that aside from a few quid Kenwright might grudgingly give Moyes out of the TV money, the majority of his transfer "pot" will come from money made from player sales.

We NEED to be signing younger players with re-sale value until the financial situation at boardroom level changes. I would be absolutely staggered given Moyes' recent comments about an aging squad and needing to invest in youth, if he spend his entire budget (or major chunk of it) on a 28 year old striker.

Agreed...problem is cost, Felli's is an example in that way as well as he didn't come cheaply. BUT, if we're going to spend that kind of money, there's both sides or the argument; proven quality or potential? What stage are we REALLY at to be taking a chance on quality or potential? 'Cause it's ALL chance, bar maybe 10-20 players worldwide.

Ha! I can't believe we have anything near what is being discussed (€16m?) for a player who (allegedly) has offers from BVD!

Said it earlier mate agents trying to get in on shipping him out got in touch with someone at his club were told that his people had already spoke or were speaking to everton , the bloke's exact quote was "no way have everton got that kind of dough" but then said "of course i suppose with the telly deal and moving people on they might have a go".

For me the positive isn't that we are after him as I don't know that much about him and obviously there may well be bigger clubs but at least we are looking at a decent level and it's not like we are reading .

Last edited:

Said it earlier mate agents trying to get in on shipping him out got in touch with someone at his club were told that his people had already spoke or were speaking to everton , the bloke's exact quote was "no way have everton got that kind of dough" but then said "of course i suppose with the telly deal and moving people on they might have a go".

For me the positive isn't that we are after him as I don't know that much about him and obviously there may well be bigger clubs but at least we are looking at a decent level and it's not like we are reading like.

...and at least it seems we're willing to spend the TV money - thank the lord.

Its good we are linked with theses players . People say hes to old but all we need to do is hope he can bang in the goals for a few seasons and hope the team does well to get into the champions league . If we got thier then champions league would of payed himself off . We need that extra push to challenge and he could provide that

The problem is for every negredo we sign, utd city arsenal spurs Chelsea and Liverpool will sign 2 or 3 to the already stronger squads. We're always gonna be hanging onto there coat tails in regards to CL qualification. Until we get new owners and ground it's always gonna be very tough.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him but at 28 (which is not old) can we really afford to gamble on him with 10-15M of our scarce money? IMO if we spend that kind of money it needs to be someone under 25. Like we did with fellaini really.

The problem is for every negredo we sign, utd city arsenal spurs Chelsea and Liverpool will sign 2 or 3 to the already stronger squads. We're always gonna be hanging onto there coat tails in regards to CL qualification. Until we get new owners and ground it's always gonna be very tough.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him but at 28 (which is not old) can we really afford to gamble on him with 10-15M of our scarce money? IMO if we spend that kind of money it needs to be someone under 25. Like we did with fellaini really.

You take a chance everytime you spend money.

We took a chance on Fellaini, he could have turned complete turd, we took a chance on Billy and he couldnt play Premiership football.

We spent 1m on Gueye and hes utter gash, everytime you spend money, its a gamble, it doesnt matter how old they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back