New Everton Crest

• I Like It

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • I Hate It - Everton please reinstate the previous crest

Votes: 462 94.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute nonsense. Everton is a business, and like any other business if you hit them in the pocket they have to adapt their business model to cushion the impact.

I don't see why that is nonsense and you haven't reasoned why either. It's just things fans don't want to hear. I agree with your statement about business models as for example, if not one single person attendeded the first home game and not one person made a single purchase of Everton merchandise, then the club would be finished.

But I'm pretty sure come match day, there will be a good attendance and a good percentage wearing the new shirt with the new badge. This idea terrifies people and doesn't sit well at all with me.

I would love to see a better system at Everton and will not have a go at anyone who wants to try, but at the moment Everton are privately owned, we don't get a say in what players we buy, we don't get a say in stadium affairs, we don't get a say in the kits, or the players wages, so why on earth would we get a say in the badge?

I wish things were different.

... Then issue a statement advising badge will be reverted back next season.

I think this is more realistic. If the club were to do a u-turn, then I do think it'll be next year at the earliest. Probably accompanied by an announcement about how they listen to the fans feedback.

From The Times today:

988272_10151510739589652_525395510_n.jpg

Spot on, too.

there is quite a few at the club that deserve a lot of criticism for this.

if they go about hiding or on some sort of pr campaign they'll only make matters worse

you could not make this up.

dave bigger, commercial director at Everton and someone key in deciding on this. it turns out is a Liverpool fan.

http://manchesterstorm.co.uk/interviews/intbiggar.html
DAVE BIGGAR
Talks to Dominique Paul October 2000

One of the biggest happenings for the Arena was a bit of a personal downer for Dave himself. The homecoming of the Treble winners, Manchester United. Yes, as a born and bred Scouser this was a bit of a toughie for Dave, and he insisted on wearing his Liverpool shirt up until the very arrival of the team. He had to produce, manage and control United’s Treble winning homecoming celebrations, and the atmosphere was absolutely stunning. Along with the Eagles concert he rates these as the buildings best moments.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...everton-fc-fans-disappointment-modern-4019362
Commercial Director, Dave Biggar, explained: “Whilst it no longer appears on the crest, it remains tangibly and spiritually at the heart of our club.

“It will still be highly visible inside the stadium and will still be part of our each and every day processes.”

says it all. The people making decisions about the identity commercial and otherwise of everton football club aren't even evertonians.

explains everything

What I want to know is who actually decided that this should go ahead, whoever it is has exposed my club to ridicule at a time when we should all be pulling together its a disgrace and those responsible sacked. I like many others I would not been seen dead wearing it, even the tower looks like a clowns top hat and the removable of our motto, tattooed on many blues with the badge, is criminal. GIVE OUR CLUB BACK TO BLUES

The whole new crest business has been a disaster. The board needs to listen to the fans and reconsider the design to better reflect the history and heritage of Everton FC.

The fans should refuse to buy merchandise with the new crest on. In that way the club may rethink this ridiculous idea.

The bloke in your avatar, Bally.

Best player in the best team we ever had.

No badge on his shirt.....at all.

I can't understand why there is such a big deal being made over this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back