New Everton Crest

• I Like It

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • I Hate It - Everton please reinstate the previous crest

Votes: 462 94.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it's a different age now; "Buffaslug" was 2005, nowadays we have social media etc. so that public sentiment is gauged a lot quicker. Even the most passive Everton fan are aware of how negatively received this has been due to national media coverage and social media.

If people refuse to buy, this thing dies. Boycott the merchandise until common sense prevails. I'm not saying boycott the club permanently - by all means, spend double when the proper badge returns, but in the short term it's vital to boycott that badge to kill it off.

Tubey for president!!!

The club won't change the badge now they've announced it.

I think trying to get a petition to change it is just an attempt at fan power. Reality is we don't have much at all. People are calling for boycotts of new merchandise, but most fans won't.

We all know Kenwright is broke and we are going nowhere, and are manager less, so lets rage at the badge.

It's easy to cause mayhem on Twitter etc, but booking a day off work to go down to Goodison to protest is another thing.

The club won't change the badge now they've announced it.

I think trying to get a petition to change it is just an attempt at fan power. Reality is we don't have much at all. People are calling for boycotts of new merchandise, but most fans won't.

We all know Kenwright is broke and we are going nowhere, and are manager less, so lets rage at the badge.

It's easy to cause mayhem on Twitter etc, but booking a day off work to go down to Goodison to protest is another thing.

Missing the point massively. It's not an attempt at fan power at all, like people are "raging against the machine" for the fun of it or something.

Look at the poll results and the instant hatred of this badge - people genuinely hate it. The petitions and protests are natural evolution of that disgust.

People don't need to protest at Goodison - all it takes is for people not to buy it. And every Blue I've spoken to are not going to buy anything with this badge on - and that includes rational 50+ dads with kids, mums, teenagers, the lot. Hell, politicians, club legends etc. are expressing their dismay too.

You wouldn't have a 99% negative response rate on this poll and 15,000 signatures on an online petition if this rebrand was a success. Don't try to make out like it's a minor bunch of internet loons protesting for the fun of it, it's disingenuous.

Missing the point massively. It's not an attempt at fan power at all, like people are "raging against the machine" for the fun of it or something.

Look at the poll results and the instant hatred of this badge - people genuinely hate it. The petitions and protests are natural evolution of that disgust.

People don't need to protest at Goodison - all it takes is for people not to buy it. And every Blue I've spoken to are not going to buy anything with this badge on - and that includes rational 50+ dads with kids, mums, teenagers, the lot. Hell, politicians, club legends etc. are expressing their dismay too.

You wouldn't have a 99% negative response rate on this poll and 15,000 signatures on an online petition if this rebrand was a success. Don't try to make out like it's a minor bunch of internet loons protesting for the fun of it, it's disingenuous.

Yes I can see all the reaction on here and on Twitter.

Never said anything about "minor bunch of Internet loons", so don't know where you got that from. Wasn't thinking that at all.

My point being, nothing will come out of any of this.

One thing to consider is, if we'd finished Top 4 and hired a new boss manager the outcry wouldn't be as much.

Also, I won't be buying anything with the new badge on. Quite simply because I purchased the discounted rate shirts recently and I quite like all 3 of the current shirts so won't be buying any new ones for a while.

Never said anything about "minor bunch of Internet loons", so don't know where you got that from. Wasn't thinking that at all.

One thing to consider is, if we'd finished Top 4 and hired a new boss manager the outcry wouldn't be as much.

Also, I won't be buying anything with the new badge on. Quite simply because I purchased the discounted rate shirts recently and I quite like all 3 of the current shirts so won't be buying any new ones for a while.

It really would. Again, you're thinking people are just doing this for a laugh or to find an outlet for pre-existing anger.

By and large, they're not. They simply detest the new logo.

Hasn't Big Dunc got the old crest tattooed on his arm? Perhaps he should go and ask Bill just wtf he was thinking of. That might change Bill's mind....

Calm down mate.

Unless you're a wannabe North Korean dictator you'd have to admit that poll is flawed in the sense it was either 'Like It' or 'Hate It'. Instead it should have been 5 options from love to like, through neutral to dislike and then hate.

I don't hate that new badge but I had no choice but to vote for that option as my feelings are negative not positive.

A better way to describe the results above is that 99.3% of fans polled are against the new badge.

Your point is still correct but don't overdo it that's all

From The Times today:

988272_10151510739589652_525395510_n.jpg

Spot on, too.

It really would. Again, you're thinking people are just doing this for a laugh or to find an outlet for pre-existing anger.

By and large, they're not. They simply detest the new logo.

I do believe they detest the new badge, but to say that not one single Evertonian is more annoyed about the badge because, in addition, we have no manager, no money, and finished 7th can't be entirely true??

That is definitely pre existing anger for some fans, but I also believe others were quite happy until they saw a design they didn't like, which is fair enough.

I don't think and also never said Evertonians are doing this for a laugh though. That suggestion is not accurate, and again, I don't know where you got that from.

But like I said in my original point, the club won't do a U-Turn and they have kind of boycotted themselves by reducing the current shirts prices before announcing the new badge and range - in my particular case...

It would still cause uproar, for me it's not about that I wouldn't wear it, I don't wear club merchandise. I just think its another slow nail in the coffin that the board are giving this club. You say nothing will come of this and you couldn't be more wrong. Elstone, kenwright etc forget how much this club means to people, not many football clubs in this country would have a gang of match goers voluntary put there time together to take the club to a public enquiry over a ground move that they didn't agree with.

The thing I love about evertonians is that we never buy into all this are we a big club small club that Newcastle, Tottenham, sky sports, talksport seem to discuss. The way the fans treat our club is all that matters and after your family and income it is probably the most important thing in 99% of people's lives. Unfortunately the board don't realise how personally we take these insults and I pray that they have finally pushed us to far, judging by the reaction they just may have

This is the email I sent and received from Everton at the start of May:

Dear Mr. Sharkey

Thank you for your e-mail.

As our fans have come to expect, we are consistently looking at ways to develop and progress the Club.

Fans know that our work is diligent and consultative.

They also know that we will update them, on all matters, as soon as we can. We will remain true to both principles.

Regards,

Everton Football Club

Sent: 03 May 2013 13:27
To: Everton
Subject: Rumoured new badge

Hi,

I am shocked and horrified to learn about the change in the Everton crest.

This new “design” is horrendous. Our motto and laurels must stay. They symbolise the success of our great club and this current management team have absolutely no mandate from, or confidence of, our fanbase to make such a decision.

I could design a better, more modern badge in c.25mins in Adobe Illustrator. This design is shocking. No decision of such paramount importance can be made without consultation of those with a lifelong vested interest in the design - the fanbase.

What next, a change to a red strip like Cardiff F.C? This change of badge without consultation reeks of the arrogance of the current management of our club to make decisions on our behalf. It is our club.

Please accept my apologies if this is only a rumour, however I felt I had to make my feelings known before disaster occurred, and believe me this new design would be exactly that.

Regards

It would still cause uproar, for me it's not about that I wouldn't wear it, I don't wear club merchandise. I just think its another slow nail in the coffin that the board are giving this club. You say nothing will come of this and you couldn't be more wrong. Elstone, kenwright etc forget how much this club means to people, not many football clubs in this country would have a gang of match goers voluntary put there time together to take the club to a public enquiry over a ground move that they didn't agree with.

The thing I love about evertonians is that we never buy into all this are we a big club small club that Newcastle, Tottenham, sky sports, talksport seem to discuss. The way the fans treat our club is all that matters and after your family and income it is probably the most important thing in 99% of people's lives. Unfortunately the board don't realise how personally we take these insults and I pray that they have finally pushed us to far, judging by the reaction they just may have

I'm just not really sure what anyone can do about it mate. Unless someone approaches fans groups saying they've got £100million to buy out Bill and rebuild the club for the next 100 years, nothing will change, as much as we think this is our club, on paper, we all know it's not. Which is a bit crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back