Votes: 38 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • Not bothered Everton aren’t we?

Votes: 28 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking on a personal preference if we are looking for more modern/different without losing the history totally, I would ditch the laurels and motto and the badge shape and go simple

Everton Crests 2.webp

Looks simple and cleaner for me

Would you get it as a tattoo ?
Personally as someone with numerous Everton tattoos , including a crest from 40 years ago , I wouldn’t get the latest simplified version.
It just doesn’t ‘read’ well enough to be immediately recognisable.

Don't understand why clubs have to keep up with the times when it comes to something like a badge. If it works, leave it. Very rarely is it going to be better.
Yeah changing something (especially a historic badge) to conform to a 'trend' is anything but being authentic - you're just being a poor imitation then.

Should definitely go your own way on this.. As a neutral if I saw the abstract/minimal version of St. Rupert's Tower in media I wouldn't have a scooby on what it's meant to be or represent - just looks like a triangle stuck on top of a rotated parallelogram.

OK, so as a neutral. Two trends recently; one I like and one I hate...

The roundels trend I hate...I know my opinion doesn't matter but please don't become another club that just does this...

The trend I like, which we went down very years ago, LFC have gone down, even Arse**l have done well for next season (he says begrudgingly) is no shield. Of everything I've seen in this thread my neutral opinion is this - probably with the club name underneath - looks best. Simplifying it even further to two blocks I don't like though.

I know someone at Dixon Baxi who worked on the rebrand (https://www.dixonbaxi.com/work/everton).

Their intention was never for the tower to replace the crest; their literal quote, "The Tower coexists with the crest".

However, apparently after they handed over the new brand guidelines to the club, Everton's internal creative team largely ignored them and have run riot over the last few years. So who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back