New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does. t really matter? Why do people feel the need to points score?

The point is, everyone is on the same page now - yes, 13000+ are outraged by the new badge - to some this seems laughable that's it's a trigger for anger but everyone has different tipping points.

Instead of the long time critics and skeptics sniping at the upset people, we should focus on how we can prevent the club taking this further, be it via protest, boycott, whatever. As Kirkby showed, fan power does work.
I was making an ironic point. But who would have thought that the straw that broke the camel's back would be a bitch of an etch a sketch monstrosity like this.
God knows there would probably be pitchforks on Goodison road if they cut back on the toffees..

Look, they've just changed the design again. They've been doing it every so often for years.

It isn't rebranding, it's a variation on an old theme.

I was happy with the last one but some of you weren't. This one isn't the worst I've seen but I've preferred others, but it'll
change again, sooner or later.

We have more important thing to worry about. Just my opinion.

Once every 13 years is a very long time.

The vast majority of fans hate it. Sticking with something no one likes is stupid.

Yeah we have other problems but we have no control over any of those.

We can effect this though.

I was making an ironic point. But who would have thought that the straw that broke the camel's back would be a bitch of an etch a sketch monstrosity like this.
God knows there would probably be pitchforks on Goodison road if they cut back on the toffees..

I knew instantly it would. We may be skint but were all used to players going. Even the manager going was something many of us were resigned to ages ago. But messing with clubs badge & identity, something we all take great pride in was needless. I knew there would be uproar. Before if was even officially announced there 3500 names on the petition.

But it doesn't matter very little because like it or not the club crest is the face of the club for lack of a better term, it's what tells people that this is Everton and this is what we represent. It will be on every single thing remotely related to Everton and will be the first image that will come to mind for any person who hears Everton being mentioned. Considering how much use it will get and how widespread it will be I can't fathom why you can't see the importance of maintaining a good club crest. If we stick with this tacky and bloated badge then most people will begin to associate those characteristics with the club and that is certainly not going to win us more supporters in the long run, especially within the city where kids will have the pick of the club with the fat, tacky badge with a beehive on it or the the club with an interesting badge with character and a cool looking bird. This badge could well make being an Evertonian much less enticing for people who start following football and want to pick a team to make it more interesting.
There is nothing wrong with modernising the badge but the new badge should be sleek, simple and above all a tribute to the class, dignity and history of the club; not this bloated monstrosity that we've had forced upon us.

See my original point, all badges in the Premiership are tacky! Manchester United's horrific badge does not turn fans away does it? At the end of the day the only thing that attracts fans that aren't local is the quality of the team.

Look, I'm not trying to say i'm an expert on the matter... not one bit. It's also pretty obvious that you have a different opinion on the matter that won't change no matter what I say, so there's no point in arguing about it.

I just find the whole thing a bit embarrassing to be honest and I can't 'fathom' the fact that nobody else does. I mean - badge aside - where was this uproar at some of our horrific kits? Where was this uproar when the previous badge was released (which is also much much worse than previous iterations).

Look, they've just changed the design again. They've been doing it every so often for years.

It isn't rebranding, it's a variation on an old theme.

I was happy with the last one but some of you weren't. This one isn't the worst I've seen but I've preferred others, but it'll
change again, sooner or later.

We have more important thing to worry about. Just my opinion.

Delighted to see I'm not the only one who thinks this has been blown way out of proportion. Kudos

If the club thinks fans' views are important, they would consult. The club claims it did this.....anyone know who, when, how many people etc? Were they actually closet RS on the panel???? Not sure how the logistics would work, but I would have liked to have seen say a short list of 3 or 5 designs and let the fans vote on it. You then have a 1/3 or 1/5 chance of your favoured design being chosen, but at least you would then go with the group decision rather than having the new crest imposed by the club. The club could even ensure the short listed designs met their criteria for being visible etc on mobile devices etc.

See my original point, all badges in the Premiership are tacky! Manchester United's horrific badge does not turn fans away does it? At the end of the day the only thing that attracts fans that aren't local is the quality of the team.

Look, I'm not trying to say i'm an expert on the matter... not one bit. It's also pretty obvious that you have a different opinion on the matter that won't change no matter what I say, so there's no point in arguing about it.

I just find the whole thing a bit embarrassing to be honest and I can't 'fathom' the fact that nobody else does. I mean - badge aside - where was this uproar at some of our horrific kits? Where was this uproar when the previous badge was released (which is also much much worse than previous iterations).

The kit is a temporary thing where you can understand the odd monstrosity because designers sometimes miss the mark. It's gone within a year or two so we can grin and bear it.

The badge is completely different - it's an identity. It's the first thing a person recalls when thinking about a brand. Whether you find it silly is beside the point - the simple fact is that Evertonians buy into an identity by supporting the club which they relate a part of their character too; to go from a badge that reflects the tradition, pride and passion of the club to a cartoon beehive is a kick to the balls, as suddenly you no longer identify with the brand.

And if people no longer identify with the brand, then the brand suffers massively. Fewer people buy the merchandise, the level of passion drops, people generally care less.

And even if it's "just a badge", that's what is happening with me over this. The complete lack of respect to the fans from the "People's Club" over this makes me wonder why the hell I bother.

So the new badge takes on its own connotations. Whilst the old badge summed up our pride and tradition, the new badge - as well as looking stupid - reflects the lack of respect and incompetency of the custodians at the club.

EDIT: The bold bit: the uproar didn't exist because the badge was a genuine evolution of the crest and it retained the principle behind the emblem. If anything, that just proves that the fans aren't moaning just because somethings changed - they're moaning because what it has changed to is rancid.

Last edited:
It's comical seeing the club on the horns of a dilemma now: keep it and deepen the unrest and lose potential revenue; scrap it and admit their way of operating through the hand-picked fan forum system doesn't work and lose money by dumping or selling off dirt cheap the stock they already have produced. The club with one of the worst commercial records for any of the top half table clubs getting things completely wrong on a marketing decision. Typical. Surely the buck stops with Mr Elstone?

The kit is a temporary thing where you can understand the odd monstrosity because designers sometimes miss the mark. It's gone within a year or two so we can grin and bear it.

The badge is completely different - it's an identity. It's the first thing a person recalls when thinking about a brand. Whether you find it silly is beside the point - the simple fact is that Evertonians buy into an identity by supporting the club which they relate a part of their character too; to go from a badge that reflects the tradition, pride and passion of the club to a cartoon beehive is a kick to the balls, as suddenly you no longer identify with the brand.

And if people no longer identify with the brand, then the brand suffers massively. Fewer people buy the merchandise, the level of passion drops, people generally care less.

And even if it's "just a badge", that's what is happening with me over this. The complete lack of respect to the fans from the "People's Club" over this makes me wonder why the hell I bother.

So the new badge takes on its own connotations. Whilst the old badge summed up our pride and tradition, the new badge - as well as looking stupid - reflects the lack of respect and incompetency of the custodians at the club.

EDIT: The bold bit: the uproar didn't exist because the badge was a genuine evolution of the crest and it retained the principle behind the emblem. If anything, that just proves that the fans aren't moaning just because somethings changed - they're moaning because what it has changed to is rancid.

Well said Tubes.

I do understand and support updating/changing the badge that has served us through 20 years that is a stain on our history but shows how poor the version presented to us is, when almost every effort put forward by supporters is better and still within their rules required by the marketing team.

That being said, it's not as bad as some people are making out and the club isn't going to crumble and players are not going to refuse to play for us because of it.

Still think Vitor Pereira could have made a better Everton badge if he snorted a pile of powder paint and sneezed on a table cloth

Personally I find it amusing rather than being outraged by it, but you're spot on there. These people get to run our clubs these days (unfortunately) because they are supposed to be **** hot at bringing cash in by elevating the brand and reaping the monetary rewards of doing that. How on earth do you therefore get such a fundamental part of the *brand* wrong? I think they listened to the likes of Nike etc from what I can gather...however, the clever people from their marketing department don't have to wear the tat the club shovels out with the logo on, fans do. They (our club's commercial department) are completely amateurish and the fact they've been in thrall to others sort of explains this latest screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.