New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the hate for Benitez being ex Liverpool. Yes the 'small club' thing but he was playing to the gallery, Moyes did it with the People's Club thing, every manager does it.

I do understand the thinking he's finished after deciding to go to China, as that's money over ambition clearly, so an objection to him based on that is fine.

But if I had a straight choice between Rafael and Nuno, it's Rafael all day long.

You all know that its been made out that the Nuno talks have stalled, and the Rafael links are happening, to make people feel better when Nuno is appointed dont you lol But been honest only Everton could mess around like no other team doing something that supposedly looked done going by the press last week

Honestly at this stage, just get him in. Pre-season starts in 3 weeks and we need to just start getting the DOF mad manager in sync.

Swerve the Rafael mind games.

Announce either Conte, Galtier, Rangnick or someone of that ilk please Everton.

Get the best you can and stay away from unproven over paid no marks please, Cheers Lob de lash. ;)

Why this fascination with Rafael? I just don't get it....

Putting aside his obvious ties to that other team, he hasn't managed at the top level for a while now.. why is he being considered?
Surely just the kopites in the media pulling our plonkers, has to be

Why not Dyche then, Allardyce...or Wilder?

They all play a certain way though none of those 3 has had the luxury of a super agent giving them £300mil worth of players....

Well as i tried to lay out in the post you replied to all those would be in the faux-hardman brexit dad group of managers who i'd rather not have. I am also counting Koeman and Moyes in that group for the sake of the dichotomy.

I dont know how we even considered Nuno, his track record is not so good

I dont know how some people think he is a good choice, some of you didnt want Moyes because he won nothing but finished 7th or better most of the time, Nuno finished 7th but you want him. He flopped in Spain and at Porto

I alwaqys thought we could do better with the likes of Garcia, Galtier, Kovacs.

Benitez is risky because of his past but manager wise better than Nuno and Mendes influence

Announce either Conte, Galtier, Rangnick or someone of that ilk please Everton.

Get the best you can and stay away from unproven over paid no marks please, Cheers Lob de lash. ;)
Someone of that Ilk, wasnt that Carlo ? Who turned about to be a terrible fit?

I'd prefer Galtier too but it's very feasible that he may prefer to remain in France, or that he just isn't interested in us. If we ever were / are in him.

There are a lot of moving parts that have to align to get any manager in.

I'm working to the belief that Galtier has turned us down.

Ancelotti was very much right place, right time for us. While we won't admit it, it has worked out well for all parties. I'm not sure we get that calibre of manager unless the stars align though. That's increasingly what you realise, that actaully it wasn't the promise of Usmanov's billions that got him here at all.

Don't understand the hate for Benitez being ex Liverpool. Yes the 'small club' thing but he was playing to the gallery, Moyes did it with the People's Club thing, every manager does it.

I do understand the thinking he's finished after deciding to go to China, as that's money over ambition clearly, so an objection to him based on that is fine.

But if I had a straight choice between Rafael and Nuno, it's Rafael all day long.
Put the RS link to one side, what has he done in the past 5 years of note in management? He's yesterday's man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back