New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is none of us knows what is going on. We are led to believe that Nuno played hardball with Palace and they refused to give in. He has probably done the same with us, which is why so far he has not been appointed. Why? because he is probably not bothered about Palace or Everton that much except on his terms. He left Wolves solely because he said he was homesick for Portugal and his family. OK. Avoid him like the plague and look elsewhere.

Rafael wanted Gareth Barry over Xavi Alonso.

That in itself raises serious questions about his judgment!
Er, second disagreement in one evening, which is not ideal. Alonso as a long term player vs Barry, and I can't dispute your stance. In a vital, one-off, game I'd prefer Barry, even at his Everton peak, which was below his career one.

He might be a better tactician than Moyes, but the latter was certainly superior in terms of people skills and building a team spirit!

I guess that is probably why Rafael ended up scrapped at the end. He would have a power struggle with owners (!), while Davey Boy would go for a pint of bitter with Bill!

Benitez lost his marbles at the end, baffling substitutions, crazier starting team etc.
Ardent Kopite mates of mine started to hate him. That's why he got scrapped.

The truth is none of us knows what is going on. We are led to believe that Nuno played hardball with Palace and they refused to give in. He has probably done the same with us, which is why so far he has not been appointed. Why? because he is probably not bothered about Palace or Everton that much except on his terms. He left Wolves solely because he said he was homesick for Portugal and his family. OK. Avoid him like the plague and look elsewhere.
But where?
Bielesa for me
The rest don’t look good

Rafael is said to be ruthless. Some of our lads have had too much ruth.
Might turn out ok.
But then I don't have to put up with RS types in my neck of the woods.
He's generally seen as cold and aloof with his players.
Materazzi said he was 'a weak man'.
Think Koeman lockergate.

His tactics are dull.
He's widely seen as unlikeable and he doesn't even win games.

I still don't believe he's even being interviewed.

The fact that Spurs are having issues too and Palace haven't appointed yet perhaps suggests that this manager search isn't all that straightforward this summer.

Straightforward or not, I'm not sure how Rafael being the best option though FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back