New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Moyes supporter, I hesitate to disagree with you, but I do. I think everyone is entitled to have a strong view over who, and who isn't, appointed. Once somebody gets the job, however, it's our job to support him as best we can. If things don't work out after a reasonable time, by all means criticise, but you don't get divorced on a whim, and so you can't immediately hate your manager on the same basis.

Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, and the Devil, I wouldn't accept, but everyone else, even appointed against my strong feelings, I can get behind.

(Not sure that 'get behind' was a term immune from smutty misinterpretation, but I'll go with it in the hope everyone has their minds on a higher plane).
I dunno. It didn’t go well for Clough at Leeds! That said, he was probably more visceral in his criticisms.

And then didn't even sign Barry whilst alienating Alonso so much that he left at the end of the season!
He might be a better tactician than Moyes, but the latter was certainly superior in terms of people skills and building a team spirit!

I guess that is probably why Rafael ended up scrapped at the end. He would have a power struggle with owners (!), while Davey Boy would go for a pint of bitter with Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back