New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
19B51B16-40AF-4A94-8803-0851A0A6B571.webp

…bits of blue for Martinez & Conte but Benitez still out front as far as bookies are concerned.

Whole things a bit weird for me. We’ve agreed in principle with 2 managers everything. Contracts/Staff but then said we need to think about it. Just don’t see it. Don’t see why you spend all that time just to say we need to think about it. Either complete wham or our board really are stuck

Yeah, he hired Walsh as director of football despite him having never done the job, he was chief scout at Leicester, he was basically learning on the job at Everton and we gave him £300m to piss up the wall.

If he isn't clueless he's certainly very naive at the very least. The thinking was "oh he was great for Leicester he'll be good for us", "oh he was great for Southampton he'll be good for us", no actual coherent strategy to progress us.

It's pretty much the same job but you have more say and control. Leicester won the league with the players he spotted so it's not hard to believe he was good at his job and trust him with funds. Koeman was never a rebuild man which is what he pretty much had to do in his 2nd season which led to a car crash

I would possibly say naive but it's not to a point of saying let's bring in Big Dunc and give him £200mill to spend for example, zero experience playing blind darts hoping things would stick.

Overall our appointments have been started out well before going downhill when it's difficult since Moyes left - which includes Martinez. But at least he had his full tenure. The big thing for me now is whoever gets it needs a full stint regardless.

It's pretty much the same job but you have more say and control. Leicester won the league with the players he spotted so it's not hard to believe he was good at his job and trust him with funds. Koeman was never a rebuild man which is what he pretty much had to do in his 2nd season which led to a car crash

I would possibly say naive but it's not to a point of saying let's bring in Big Dunc and give him £200mill to spend for example, zero experience playing blind darts hoping things would stick.

Overall our appointments have been started out well before going downhill when it's difficult since Moyes left - which includes Martinez. But at least he had his full tenure. The big thing for me now is whoever gets it needs a full stint regardless.
He did approach Brands and Monchi before Walsh as well

Whole things a bit weird for me. We’ve agreed in principle with 2 managers everything. Contracts/Staff but then said we need to think about it. Just don’t see it. Don’t see why you spend all that time just to say we need to think about it. Either complete wham or our board really are stuck
So you’ve read… doesn’t mean any of it is true.

I imagine the lure of working with world class players at Madrid is slightly stronger than working with our mid-table maestros. What do you propose we lure currently employed progressive and exciting managers to our illustrious club with?
Will a 1 in 2000 chance of catching a small sweet, thrown by an oddly dressed child, at half time not suffice?

Agreed, we are in this mess due to chopping and changing managers and providing them with a big budget to spend on ‘their’ players, no wonder we don’t have a style or identity.

I think the closest we came to a style and identity was under Silva. I actually think he was massively unlucky in his last season with injuries and we failed to get a striker in and the CB he requested to replace Zouma and also Doucoure in.

it completely fell apart for him, but there was legitimate reason such as injuries. He had a shocker really with them, especially to key players.

He was much better than Martinez and Koeman IMO and looked to be building something long term.

should we have been patient and give him another season in hindsight? Then strengthened the weakened areas in the TW.

And yet Thomas tucel came from France and was arguably manager of the season.
Premier league experience is a vastly overrated quality by some.

Because he's one of the top managers.

You go abroad for someone not at the top (like Carlo was or Klopp for them) and you're more likely to get a Gross than Wenger because it's a bigger gamble. That's why the likes of Bruce and Allardyce always get work.

I don't think we'll be spending huge amounts this summer.

I don’t either.

But we need to spend a decent amount just to keep up with the top 7 now. Leicester & Villa do decent business early.

We need 5 players imo. That’s at least £150m.

I could see us selling a few this summer too. Davies, Mina, Holgate, Gomes, James & maybe Richarlison are all players I wouldn’t be surprised being linked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back