New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should offer Rodgers Carlos salary to leave that tinpot club and a war chest to spend

Rodgers already earns about that and one of the highest paid managers. He's had 2 big contract bumps since he's been there and would be very expensive to get out of Leicester in terms of wages and settlement with Leicester.

Whole things a bit weird for me. We’ve agreed in principle with 2 managers everything. Contracts/Staff but then said we need to think about it. Just don’t see it. Don’t see why you spend all that time just to say we need to think about it. Either complete wham or our board really are stuck
Could be a bunch of agents flogging deals in principle for the club to consider

Agreed, we are in this mess due to chopping and changing managers and providing them with a big budget to spend on ‘their’ players, no wonder we don’t have a style or identity.

I think the closest we came to a style and identity was under Silva. I actually think he was massively unlucky in his last season with injuries and we failed to get a striker in and the CB he requested to replace Zouma and also Doucoure in.

it completely fell apart for him, but there was legitimate reason such as injuries. He had a shocker really with them, especially to key players.

He was much better than Martinez and Koeman IMO and looked to be building something long term.

should we have been patient and give him another season in hindsight? Then strengthened the weakened areas in the TW.
I think he was a bit unlucky, though that probably won't be a popular opinion.

His first season was a reasonable performance as we rebuilt after the Koeman debacle.

The 2nd summer he lost Gueye and Zouma wasn't replaced.

The recruitment was where he came unstuck IMO - Gbamin was supposed to replace Gueye and we all know what happened there. Delph was supposed to provide cover in midfield and was injured/dreadful. He wanted a wide player and he ended up with Iwobi. He wanted a striker and he ended up with Moise Kean.

How much of that he signed off on and how much of it was down to Brands we will never know I guess, but I think him ultimately failing here was down to that. I don't think he's actually a bad manager, although I wouldn't disagree that he probably needed to be sacked as things just fell apart a la Martinez at the end. Was obvious after that Anfield derby that he'd be gone v quickly.

Tuchel is a dork. I don't see him lasting long at Chelsea. Lucky he fell into an elite squad
I know mate he is absolutely useless ,when he arrived at Chelsea they were below us in the league he promised to get them in the top four which he achieved he also got them to the cup final and won the championsleague.
If you know of any other dork football managers maybe you could mention them to Moshiri.

Whole things a bit weird for me. We’ve agreed in principle with 2 managers everything. Contracts/Staff but then said we need to think about it. Just don’t see it. Don’t see why you spend all that time just to say we need to think about it. Either complete wham or our board really are stuck
Not one shred of evidence says the club have agreed to anything.
Stop believing all what the media are spewing out , they know as much as you or I.....nothing.

I think he was a bit unlucky, though that probably won't be a popular opinion.

His first season was a reasonable performance as we rebuilt after the Koeman debacle.

The 2nd summer he lost Gueye and Zouma wasn't replaced.

The recruitment was where he came unstuck IMO - Gbamin was supposed to replace Gueye and we all know what happened there. Delph was supposed to provide cover in midfield and was injured/dreadful. He wanted a wide player and he ended up with Iwobi. He wanted a striker and he ended up with Moise Kean.

How much of that he signed off on and how much of it was down to Brands we will never know I guess, but I think him ultimately failing here was down to that. I don't think he's actually a bad manager, although I wouldn't disagree that he probably needed to be sacked as things just fell apart a la Martinez at the end. Was obvious after that Anfield derby that he'd be gone v quickly.
Agreed, Gueye & Zouma big misses. Gbamin was a big shame and really unlucky for Silva.

Maybe last season without the fans he would have got away with another season in charge. I dread to think why Goodison would have been like last season with those home losses.

it was ultimately the right decision for him to leave but it may have been the sensible decision to stick with the rebuild under him and accept that not all seasons in the beginning phase will be straight forward.

Dunc would be my first choice, give him ago I say.
The longer this saga goes, the more I am starting to feel the same way. I don't have the disdain for Rafael that some folks do, but I certainly don't think he is a good choice. Having said that, I think he would be much MUCH less inclined to take other offers should he find success here.

Just over two weeks till pre season training starts. no manager and no immediate signs of any incoming and outgoing transfers.

Strap in fellas its gunna be a long one
Hopefully as changes this week very quickly.

My concern is there is so much for the new manager to do now, deadwood to shift, maybe some of Anclelottis signings unsettled, signing players, instilling their style etc.

probably some patience needed haha

Because none of it’s true. Journalists trying to get in first with ITK stuff when in reality they know as much as we do. The only difference between the journalists and some idiot with 6 followers making stuff up is the amount of followers each of them have.

One of the most dispiriting thing at the moment is how risk averse and safe the current putative list of managerial candidates is.
A premium seems to be placed on PL experience, with only the presence of Galtieri representing a slightly unknown quality.
I believe that for a club so firmly and historically established amongst the mid table we need to make a bold appointment to break from the surrounded pack, who all have the same aims and similar spending plans to ourselves.
Strangely when Moshiri publicly praised and slightly audaciously approached Diego Simeone, he seemed to understand the type of coach we would need to progress.
Yet ,if the list is accurate, I cannot detect any of the these required qualities amongst the hopefuls ,again with the possible exception of the aforementioned Galtieri,
We do need to find our own Simeone to galvanise our club , to excite ,unite and drive our club upward.
Such an appointment will inevitably carry a degree of risk but until we gather the courage to make it we will remain mired in our purgatory of merely existing amongst the other cowards.
Be brave Everton!

Because none of it’s true. Journalists trying to get in first with ITK stuff when in reality they know as much as we do. The only difference between the journalists and some idiot with 6 followers making stuff up is the amount of followers each of them have.
I’m sure some of its coming from the managers side of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back