New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was a bit unlucky, though that probably won't be a popular opinion.

His first season was a reasonable performance as we rebuilt after the Koeman debacle.

The 2nd summer he lost Gueye and Zouma wasn't replaced.

The recruitment was where he came unstuck IMO - Gbamin was supposed to replace Gueye and we all know what happened there. Delph was supposed to provide cover in midfield and was injured/dreadful. He wanted a wide player and he ended up with Iwobi. He wanted a striker and he ended up with Moise Kean.

How much of that he signed off on and how much of it was down to Brands we will never know I guess, but I think him ultimately failing here was down to that. I don't think he's actually a bad manager, although I wouldn't disagree that he probably needed to be sacked as things just fell apart a la Martinez at the end. Was obvious after that Anfield derby that he'd be gone v quickly.
Recruitment on him to an extent, though? Like it's Brands' job but players are influenced by the manager's name and standing. They're influenced by their salary a lot more, of course, but it does make a difference.
That seems the main risk with appointing someone like Potter (the best football option, imho, I've heard connected with us). Recruitment becomes more of a challenge.

One of the most dispiriting thing at the moment is how risk averse and safe the current putative list of managerial candidates is.
A premium seems to be placed on PL experience, with only the presence of Galtieri representing a slightly unknown quality.
I believe that for a club so firmly and historically established amongst the mid table we need to make a bold appointment to break from the surrounded pack, who all have the same aims and similar spending plans to ourselves.
Strangely when Moshiri publicly praised and slightly audaciously approached Diego Simeone, he seemed to understand the type of coach we would need to progress.
Yet ,if the list is accurate, I cannot detect any of the these required qualities amongst the hopefuls ,again with the possible exception of the aforementioned Galtieri,
We do need to find our own Simeone to galvanise our club , to excite ,unite and drive our club upward.
Such an appointment will inevitably carry a degree of risk but until we gather the courage to make it we will remain mired in our purgatory of merely existing amongst the other cowards.
Be brave Everton!
The second be appointed Fat boy we lost the drive and determination to become a top 6 club. Carlo was a lucky appoint on timing but no way we could if poached him. A lot of people are certain it would of been Moyes had Carlo not been sacked

One of the most dispiriting thing at the moment is how risk averse and safe the current putative list of managerial candidates is.
A premium seems to be placed on PL experience, with only the presence of Galtieri representing a slightly unknown quality.
I believe that for a club so firmly and historically established amongst the mid table we need to make a bold appointment to break from the surrounded pack, who all have the same aims and similar spending plans to ourselves.
Strangely when Moshiri publicly praised and slightly audaciously approached Diego Simeone, he seemed to understand the type of coach we would need to progress.
Yet ,if the list is accurate, I cannot detect any of the these required qualities amongst the hopefuls ,again with the possible exception of the aforementioned Galtieri,
We do need to find our own Simeone to galvanise our club , to excite ,unite and drive our club upward.
Such an appointment will inevitably carry a degree of risk but until we gather the courage to make it we will remain mired in our purgatory of merely existing amongst the other cowards.
Be brave Everton!
Morshi is overseeing half a billion pounds of investment in the club. He cannot afford us to get in a relegation scrap.
I’m afraid that if we have an off season, that is exactly what happens. It will be safety first.

Hopefully as changes this week very quickly.

My concern is there is so much for the new manager to do now, deadwood to shift, maybe some of Anclelottis signings unsettled, signing players, instilling their style etc.

probably some patience needed haha
exactly. the whole thing is just a mess.

Be brave Everton!
Galtieri? I thought the Falkland war was over. Bring back Thatcher please. We need to win!

Absolute state of the “royal blue” podcast, particularly Prentice. Defending Rafael all the way and clearly keen on having him as boss.
Are you messing? I just listened to it and he literally said he was deeply concerned at him getting the job because of the fan reaction.

He certainly gave a positive assessment of his credentials - but his overall tone was that it won't work because of the fans

Because he's one of the top managers.

You go abroad for someone not at the top (like Carlo was or Klopp for them) and you're more likely to get a Gross than Wenger because it's a bigger gamble. That's why the likes of Bruce and Allardyce always get work.

wenger came from Japan ffs
Bruce and allardyce get work cos most clubs have idiots running them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back