Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should go for the best we can get

Marcelo Bielsa
Exciting football and not on a long contract, would we lure him?

Brendan Rodgers
Would take him as his teams always play great football but is he a choker?

Dean Smith
Very impressed with his team building but would be leave from an exciting project

Conte
Yeah would get us in the headline but he turned down spurs

Mauricio Pochettino
Would love this but he at PSG, he in no rush to come back.
I absolutely love the way Leeds play and I would love to see Bielsa at Everton bringing that type of football. He is a manager that has over achieved this season and the manager all top coaches look to, including Guardiola, that started the modern high press football.

A week of his training and all the soft lads in our squad would have transfer requests in..... another way to force out the deadwood, slugs and CBA merchants.

Marcelo Bielsa

Brendan Rodgers

Dean Smith
Very impressed with his team building but would be leave from an exciting project

Conte

Mauricio Pochettino

"Best we can get"

"Dean Smith"

???????

Marcelo Bielsa

Brendan Rodgers

Dean Smith

Conte

Mauricio Pochettino
And the list of who we actually can get?

Would it be a bribe? Giving him what he wants, not just in terms of personally earnings. Or giving the best tools we can to be successful at his job. Which benefits all of us?

What CA did ensure that by finishing the season very poorly that the pool of managers is probably somehwhat smaller than if we had qualified for a UEFA competition, IMO.

If we can appoint the best manager possible while incrementally improving the squad season on season we will get there. Much quicker than appointing a Moyes mk2 who will be here 10 years making baby steps. A top manager like CA and his mentality used narrative about qualifying for Champions League whereas Moyes mentality gave us the underdog tag, and managers since.

A top manager will bring a big club and winning mentality, that needs to be fed in to the club, again IMO.
If we have to give a manger what ever he wants will technically be a bribe so are you saying if he asked for 20 million a year and 300 million to spend we should just say yes, not having a go and understand the term give him what he wants but I think to get Conte here that’s what you would be looking at, he will want to be challenging straight away with the big boys and not looking at 3/4 years to get there I’d presume

You say ancelotti is a great manager and at the same time say Benitez is washed up. I don't get how you can justify that. Ancelotti failed at Napoli and Bayern before joining us and then only managed 10th mid table mediocrity.

Newcastle fans were delighted with the job Rafael did there and understandably so, he pretty much maximised the potential of what he could do there. The China job doesn't really interest me as its not a very good marker of what he could do with us considering language barriers and the dynamics of that particular league.

Rafael has a proven record of taking 3 teams who are not considered top clubs in their respective divisions and winning trophies with them. Valencia he won the title and got to the champions league final. Liverpool at the time were finishing 5th or 6th regualry and Benitez won them the Champions league. And Napoli I believe won the Cup with him there. That's exactly what we need, a manager who can win us a trophy as a second rate team and thats what we are at the moment. Ancelotti has won lots of trophies yes, but how many has he won that were not expected? I'm struggling to answer that.

I'm not Rafas number one fan or anything but you need to give credit where its due. Likewise with Moyes, people talked as though he had suddenly become a bad manager after a few jobs which didn't suit him and didnt suit his qualities as a manager. But he goes to West ham and does a fine job and I do think he will continue to do well there, but given their finances he will suffer the same glass ceiling he had at us for many years.

When people talk of managers being washed up, i think in most cases its a myth, surely they can only get better with more experience? I understand in some cases like Mourinho, if they lose their charisma which was his main attribute to being successful then they can become worse managers. But Rafael is a different kind of manager, in recent interviews he seems as knowledgeable as ever and he's the type of manager who is pragmatic and gets results and I have no doubt he will do a very steady job with us and given the tools (ie better signings) will inevitably start reaching the targets we have set.
Football is dire all the time, end of. Cannot watch anymore of that kind of nonsense.

Also, don't know how you can say Ancelotti failed at Bayern. His brief was to win the Bundesliga and he did it. Just because Bayern always win the Bundesliga doesn't make him a failure there. And if you're going to point out how they did in Europe, them I presume you are going to tell me that Guardiola was a failure there too. It isn't easy to motivate a side that has just won the league to do it again, even if they are full of good players - just ask Moyes about his Utd debacle.

Anyway, Benitez out!!

I absolutely love the way Leeds play and I would love to see Bielsa at Everton bringing that type of football. He is a manager that has over achieved this season and the manager all top coaches look to, including Guardiola, that started the modern high press football.
Bielsa is a very very good coach for sure however when they get a bit unlucky with results or fatigued suddenly the players don’t want to be worked so hard in training and they don’t want to give that extra 10% press at the top end of the pitch. Results start to suffer, players start to resent being worked harder in training and that’s him gone.

If we have to give a manger what ever he wants will technically be a bribe so are you saying if he asked for 20 million a year and 300 million to spend we should just say yes, not having a go and understand the term give him what he wants but I think to get Conte here that’s what you would be looking at, he will want to be challenging straight away with the big boys and not looking at 3/4 years to get there I’d presume
I think 11/12m a year and £150m (Plus player sales) for the next 2 seasons is probably do-able if the top men at Everton want it, Look to improve this season and have a tilt next season. We have some deadwood but we also have a very good starting 11 that can mix it with the best in the league, we have seen signs of that this season. Lets not under estimate the impact injuries had last season.

I think 11/12m a year and £150m (Plus player sales) for the next 2 seasons is probably do-able if the top men at Everton want it, Look to improve this season and have a tilt next season. We have some deadwood but we also have a very good starting 11 that can mix it with the best in the league, we have seen signs of that this season. Lets not under estimate the impact injuries had last season.
think CA was supposed to be on or around that wage and if as we think they were expecting him to stay a bit longer then that wouldn’t be an issue but I think Conte’s standing is probably a bit higher than CA at present.
150 million gives you say 3 maybe 4 top rated players if you think that Athletico want over 50 million for a right back, we have very few players that would bring in big money and then you would probably have to spend much more on replacements for the so called better ones we would need to sell

Antonio Contes Chelsea side v this current Everton side, see below, are we that far away and just in need of the right motivation and winning mentality?

A few similarities, perhaps we are building a 3-5-2/3-4-3 squad....

1624191601060.webp

Dear Mr Mosh…

Can I have a copy of the job description for the position previously vacated by Carlo please?…

I wouldn’t normally consider myself to be ‘in the running’, but it seems you’re considering offering the position to Benitez?…. So, ‘nothing ventured nothing gained‘ and all that…

Also, is it possible to have a copy of Mr Brands job description please?

I only ask because it would be good to know what my working relationship with him would be if I got the job?

I think I know what a D.O.F is supposed to do, but it would be good to know if you have a ‘different take‘ on this role?

A bit about me;

I’m 52, so (in managerial terms) not too old and not too young - but old enough to remember when we had passion, fight, played good football and won things
I’m not a kopite RS - unlike some on the shortlist
I’m not a big fan of brown shoes (even phenomenal ones)
I can run faster than most of our current squad
I’m pretty confident I won’t get poached by Real Madrid
My wage demands are modest, but I’d like Margot Robbie as my personal assistant please - there seems to be a lot of love for Amanda Holden within the fan base, so she‘ll do if Margot’s not available.

I think that’s about it, but just a closing thought about the current vacancy…. Did I mention I’m not an RS?

Dear Mr Mosh…

Firstly, thank you for your speedy reply, very much appreciated.

On reflection, I think I may have acted a little hastily in applying for this position as I understand that the Belgium national team Manager job may become available in the short term.

Also, I’m not sure we’re on the same page as I’m struggling to comprehend how you view Duncan as a ‘viable alternative’ to Miss Robbie or Miss Holden? I fear my job description for ‘personal assistant’ may differ somewhat to yours.

Regarding the above point, there seems to be a trend developing, as your expectations of a Director of Football also seem somewhat different to everyone else’s.

Thank you for sending through a copy of Mr Brands job description, however, google translate doesn’t recognise the dialect it’s written in? …so I’m still none the wiser

For transparency, I have nothing against Duncan, but I do wonder if he has incriminating photo’s of you and Mr Usmanov, such is his tenure at the club…

Also, I’ve read through the application forms and I’m confused by a number of the questions;

1) Tell me about a time when one of your team has underperformed and how you addressed this?

is this a trick question?

2) One of your key players requests ’annual leave’ before the season is over with the outside chance you could still qualify for Europe , what do you do?

Can I confer with Contract Dave on this one, as surely this is so ridiculous a request that it’s a test of my legal acumen rather than an actual realistic scenario?

3) Your DOF wants to sign Harry Kane, but your Chairman & Majority shareholder both want to sign Michael Caine, what do you do?

I have diplomatic experience with the United Nations, but without being able to translate the DOF’s job description I’m scratching my head here…

To summarise, I’m a little less certain than I was yesterday that I’m the right man for the job. Having said that, as the current Barca, Real and Belgium national team mangers all failed direly here, maybe I shouldn’t underestimate myself.

Perhaps we should both take some time to reflect?

Antonio Contes Chelsea side v this current Everton side, see below, are we that far away and just in need of the right motivation and winning mentality?

View attachment 131143

Erm, yes mate we are a long, long, long way off that squad. What an odd post.

View attachment 131143
You would have to put those teams in relation of what the other teams at that time to what they have now would that Chelsea team compete against the city and dark side teams at present.
You state our first 11 isn’t far off challenging but just on this forum alone we need a Goalkeeper, right back,centre half, whole new dianamic mid field and another centre forward, again all down to opinions but that side named struggled at the end of the season to beat so called lesser teams give or take a few players out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back