Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't the best of a bad bunch, he is one the wane his job at Newcastle was underwhelming and he failed in China and will be a very divisive character and you can vault me on that. Also an argument against one candidate isn't one for another yes there are questions about Nuno's Mendes link but fella has recent experience rebuilding a club, appointing Rafael because he has a cv is a fools errand that will see us back here in eighteen months, we need a younger more progressive coach that fits the DOF model. Nuno isn't my first choice but he fits the model way more than another "name" with a "cv" looking for another payday.

Rafael is a control freak who wants his own way he will fall out with the board whithin a season and what's more he will get zero leeway for what is a long term rebuild because of his past. The appointment would not only be toxic but would be a hiding to nothing.
Be the same Witt Nuno. Built a team, that cost about 300mil

finished 7th twice Witt no injuries. 3/4 injuries and he didn’t know how to fix it.

And look at the stats last season, shocking for running, pressing. No home goals in 4 out of 5 games. This 5 and the back and 3 in midfield.
he will be getting booed by Christmas. He’s philosophy is to win games in the last 20mins apparently. That will go done well

finished 7th twice Witt no injuries. 3/4 injuries and he didn’t know how to fix it.

And look at the stats last season, shocking for running, pressing. No home goals in 4 out of 5 games. This 5 and the back and 3 in midfield.
he will be getting booed by Christmas. He’s philosophy is to win games in the last 20mins apparently. That will go done well

The only team we beat at home in our last 7 games at Goodison. Alarm bells.

I'm not saying he is my absolute favourite I would prefer a Galtier or Fonseca and there are plusses and minuses with every candidate we can discuss, but of the two Rafael plays even more negative football so if that's your main issue he isn't your man either , you better get ready for parking the bus every week if he gets the job. Nuno has done well in a few countries and Wolves built an identity of play over three seasons and when it worked it was good to watch and became very consistent, yes last season was poor but then so was ours. Overall Nuno is a coach on the up with more energy and time on his side regardless, Rafael is not.

You say ancelotti is a great manager and at the same time say Benitez is washed up. I don't get how you can justify that. Ancelotti failed at Napoli and Bayern before joining us and then only managed 10th mid table mediocrity.

Newcastle fans were delighted with the job Rafael did there and understandably so, he pretty much maximised the potential of what he could do there. The China job doesn't really interest me as its not a very good marker of what he could do with us considering language barriers and the dynamics of that particular league.

Rafael has a proven record of taking 3 teams who are not considered top clubs in their respective divisions and winning trophies with them. Valencia he won the title and got to the champions league final. Liverpool at the time were finishing 5th or 6th regualry and Benitez won them the Champions league. And Napoli I believe won the Cup with him there. That's exactly what we need, a manager who can win us a trophy as a second rate team and thats what we are at the moment. Ancelotti has won lots of trophies yes, but how many has he won that were not expected? I'm struggling to answer that.

I'm not Rafas number one fan or anything but you need to give credit where its due. Likewise with Moyes, people talked as though he had suddenly become a bad manager after a few jobs which didn't suit him and didnt suit his qualities as a manager. But he goes to West ham and does a fine job and I do think he will continue to do well there, but given their finances he will suffer the same glass ceiling he had at us for many years.

When people talk of managers being washed up, i think in most cases its a myth, surely they can only get better with more experience? I understand in some cases like Mourinho, if they lose their charisma which was his main attribute to being successful then they can become worse managers. But Rafael is a different kind of manager, in recent interviews he seems as knowledgeable as ever and he's the type of manager who is pragmatic and gets results and I have no doubt he will do a very steady job with us and given the tools (ie better signings) will inevitably start reaching the targets we have set.
I said he was a good manager at one time and yes he has an impressive record in the past, especially at Valencia and Napoli he got Liverpool a CL but spent quite a lot on tat at the same time. But in the last decade? Football moves on. I don't deny he has achieved but if he was still that good why is he desperate for our job that he has had four interviews? Why isn't another club in a top league chasing him? Why was he in China getting a pay day? Newcastle was underwhelming as Bruce has achieved more. Also people complained of Carlo's style arguably Rafael is even more of a negative coach stylistically.. Carlo is a great manager of top players he was on the wane too when he came to us and also didn't fit our squad as he is more of a manager used to working with elite players not getting a tune out of mediocre or could be good. Also for what we will be paying him steady won't be good enough and I don't think he would be steady at all I think he would be toxic and divisive because a large part of our fanbase will never back him and go for him when he go on a losing run do we really need that??! I think a number of younger managers could do steady with us whilst building for the long term is my point a "big" name is more short termism for me and add in all the associations with Rafael and it could get very messy. But I'll agree to disagree its all opinions I respect yours as a blue but I think appointing him is another sign of us going in the wrong direction.

Loving the Conte shouts but he’s a guy who’s at the top of his game. Highly unlikely he wants to move away from the top table and into relative obscurity with us for a year or two. Just can’t see that myself.
I do think it’s nonsense to think we’re only after Rafael or Nuno though. We are a really attractive job and I’m sure the appointment will surprise a few.

Don’t forget the times we live in.. foreign appointments into Brexit and COVID Britain is difficult. Moving families across countries ain’t easy and can be a huge decision for people to make. Patience is required.

Loving the Conte shouts but he’s a guy who’s at the top of his game. Highly unlikely he wants to move away from the top table and into relative obscurity with us for a year or two. Just can’t see that myself.
I do think it’s nonsense to think we’re only after Rafael or Nuno though. We are a really attractive job and I’m sure the appointment will surprise a few.

Don’t forget the times we live in.. foreign appointments into Brexit and COVID Britain is difficult. Moving families across countries ain’t easy and can be a huge decision for people to make. Patience is required.
I don’t know where these are coming from aside from wishful thinking (I wish too btw) but he’d need some serious reason to come here because it’s mostly downside risk. For him.

I'm not saying he is my absolute favourite I would prefer a Galtier or Fonseca and there are plusses and minuses with every candidate we can discuss, but of the two Rafael plays even more negative football so if that's your main issue he isn't your man either , you better get ready for parking the bus every week if he gets the job. Nuno has done well in a few countries and Wolves built an identity of play over three seasons and when it worked it was good to watch and became very consistent, yes last season was poor but then so was ours. Overall Nuno is a coach on the up with more energy and time on his side regardless, Rafael is not.
But these stats of no goals in the first half in 4 out 5 games. Is over the last 3 seasons, not just last season

Nuno has done well in a few countries, not as well as Rafael though , Nuno has won nothing. And was sacked after one season at Porto Even Marco Silva won a trophy in Portugal.

Take the Liverpool connection away. And you’d never pick Nuno over Rafael

If Conte would go to Spurs he go to Everton. Spurs arnt any better then us, about to sell their best player and won’t spend money.
Only really difference is they are in London

Jamie ohara think we should get Howe and Spurs should get Potter

We should go for the best we can get

Marcelo Bielsa
Exciting football and not on a long contract, would we lure him?

Brendan Rodgers
Would take him as his teams always play great football but is he a choker?

Dean Smith
Very impressed with his team building but would be leave from an exciting project

Conte
Yeah would get us in the headline but he turned down spurs

Mauricio Pochettino
Would love this but he at PSG, he in no rush to come back.
Dean smith? Jesus Christ almighty. I’d rather pick a random bloke from a nearby pub

Are we really attractive though anyone looking at any job where they have had 5 managers in 5 years and haven’t moved forward.
Attractive by wages yes and the premier league yes but i would say we’re in level 2 for attracting the best managers and you may site CA as a different argument but I think that may have been a one off and we saw how that ended but maybe I’ll be suprised

Lol have a word Witt your self. Your just talking rubbish, trying to justify your own argument.

Neto had a good season and looks a talent. But go 5 goals and a similar number of assists. Richarlison got 13 in his first season with us and is a Brazilian international.

Jimenez is coming off a bad injury at is 31. No way in a million years he’s goes for the same price as Richarlison.
And Traore is headless chicken. 7 goals in over a 100 games. Wolves think they will get top dollar for him, not a chance they got more than 40. And which ever club pays that needs their head testing.
50m Everton bid incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back