Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The managers importance is overrated tbh. Pep managing Sheff Utd this season would have been relegated. Wilder managing Man City would probably have won the league.

We’ve had Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Ancelotti in the last 6 seasons and we’ve not finished higher than 7th or lower than 12th. It’s all about the players.

Anyone who actually wants Benitez as our manager can get in the bin with the Red Echo lot.

I'd rather give it to the tea lady.

Then you need to hope that the Moshiri and Usmanov stories about them wanting Rafael are not true. Abramovich at Chelsea calls the shots as he is not bothered about what the fans think - Moshiri and Usmanov will want to do the same (they are not putting there money in for the fun of it). We are in a bit of a mess.

Chelsea fans wanted Lampard, they got Lampard but he started to fail and Abramovich had enough and sacked him - after sacking Lampard he decided to get in Tuchel (who won them the champions league).

What you going to do if Rafael is appointed? Not support the team?

Yes in a way although you have more of a shot of a longer reign with a younger manager who is successful building a project with you ala Rogers/Poch. But the high manager turnover now is why we need to have an overall identity with the DOF and can slot coaches in and out if needs be, appointing big names will always disrupt that because they want their own way with transfers. Plus you are guaranteed they are short term. Rafael is just toxic anyway I find it hard to ever accept him and it may be partly emotional because of how he disrespected us, when I look at his face I see Kopite defined by their successes and whatever he does with us will be defined by them when it should be about our club, but it's mostly because I think it's the wrong move, again. And us shooting ourselves in the foot. But it's Everton so I bet it happens.

Those that do not want Rafael should hope that Newcastle win court battle next month against the premier league, because if they do - then there take over can take place and Rafael will join them. Newcastle Fans want Rafael in charge and to be allowed to spend millions on the team to improve it.

Then you need to hope that the Moshiri and Usmanov stories about them wanting Rafael are not true. Abramovich at Chelsea calls the shots as he is not bothered about what the fans think - Moshiri and Usmanov will want to do the same (they are not putting there money in for the fun of it). We are in a bit of a mess.

Chelsea fans wanted Lampard, they got Lampard but he started to fail and Abramovich had enough and sacked him - after sacking Lampard he decided to get in Tuchel (who won them the champions league).

You comparing Benitez to Tuchel pal? lol

If he gets it going on the last week , it will be day after day of articles about Rafael throughout his tenure urgh... The media absolutely love it which does make me question if that's part of the constant pushing for him by various pundits and probably his own agents, they don't care about us just the clicks and hay they can make out of him being our manager.

All the information concerning Moshiri/ Usmanov wanting to appoint FSW appear to have emanated from Benitez’ friends in the press.
In fact I suspect most of the information concerning our search will have been leaked from the camps of the various hopefuls or fabricated from the sparse information available by frustrated journalists.
I wouldn’t place to much credence on the current rumours.

Fonseca would be no better than Nuno. Finished 7th with Roma and only success has been in Ukraine. Actually, he'd arguably be a worse appointment than Nuno.
Not sure, he plays much more attacking football than Nuno did well in Portugal and Shaktar yes it's a gamble but sometimes gambles pay off...

No - I am saying that the owners decide who is in charge and they do not care what the fans think.
Sometimes they do.

Why do you think Allardyce didn't see out the last 12 months of that contract despite finishing better than Ancelotti?

It is because the fans despised him and the football was from the stone ages. If they appoint Benitez then we will see a repeat of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back