Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All i can say is K'off Jamie O'Hara. I mean who even are ya. A no mark promoting another no mark.

fc394eecbe14c891d15216a4354d434e.gif

But these stats of no goals in the first half in 4 out 5 games. Is over the last 3 seasons, not just last season

Nuno has done well in a few countries, not as well as Rafael though , Nuno has won nothing. And was sacked after one season at Porto Even Marco Silva won a trophy in Portugal.

Take the Liverpool connection away. And you’d never pick Nuno over Rafael
I don't know it's hard to compare because Rafael has been around a lot longer and at top clubs. Nuno has made Wolves a force over four years but is a younger man who hasn't had the same budgets. Look he isn't my favourite but of the two he fits more. As I said we need it's not just about records it's about fit. Rafael falls out with directors of football, he turns fans against owners he will cause a division for fans. As I said we need to build an identity and that requires energy and more progressive ideas and time we aren't doing that with an ego name manager like Rafael who will be here short term regardless. That's my main issue beyond his Red connections although I admit those are hard to swallow but I would swallow them if he was the right man. For me he isn't.

Then you need to hope that the Moshiri and Usmanov stories about them wanting Rafael are not true. Abramovich at Chelsea calls the shots as he is not bothered about what the fans think - Moshiri and Usmanov will want to do the same (they are not putting there money in for the fun of it). We are in a bit of a mess.

Chelsea fans wanted Lampard, they got Lampard but he started to fail and Abramovich had enough and sacked him - after sacking Lampard he decided to get in Tuchel (who won them the champions league).

What you going to do if Rafael is appointed? Not support the team?

Abramovich had a competent plan with regards to that club though - indeed if he hadn't caved in to fan pressure and brought Mou back that second time, noone else would have won the league for the past four or five years and he'd probably not have had to spend much money during that time.

Conte would never come to Everton in the state we are in - he wants a team that plays in the champion league and wants a team where he can add some players and have a go at the title (the following season). Spurs each year are in europe, they have done well in the champions league when they play in it. We cannot even get a place in the europa league never mind the champion league.
There in the farmers cup and he almost went there but then said they have no ambition something Moshiri does have

Sometimes they do.

Why do you think Allardyce didn't see out the last 12 months of that contract despite finishing better than Ancelotti?

It is because the fans despised him and the football was from the stone ages. If they appoint Benitez then we will see a repeat of this.

Allardyce was never going to manage the following season, all he was used for was to make sure we did not go down.
Benitez would not be used for a one season appointment. For a start we would not be in or around the relegation zone with Benitez.
The type of football Benitez would play will depend on who he signed.

Those that do not want Rafael should hope that Newcastle win court battle next month against the premier league, because if they do - then there take over can take place and Rafael will join them. Newcastle Fans want Rafael in charge and to be allowed to spend millions on the team to improve it.

The takeover is gonna go thru.

The managers importance is overrated tbh. Pep managing Sheff Utd this season would have been relegated. Wilder managing Man City would probably have won the league.

We’ve had Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Ancelotti in the last 6 seasons and we’ve not finished higher than 7th or lower than 12th. It’s all about the players.
Interesting theory, the flaw in your argument is the manager usually has an input in bringing the crap players to the club which is how we ended up with Sigurdsson, tosun, Keane etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back