New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah let’s get Lampard, the bloke who had Chelsea 3 points behind our crap having played an extra 2 games. Not to mention the £220m he spent in the summer
The 220m on Havertz, Werner, Chilwell etc who went on to win the CL after they finally bedded in together?
And the guy who has resounding faith in Mason Mount when Chelsea fans were all complaining about him in October and November?

Yeah let’s get Lampard, the bloke who had Chelsea 3 points behind our crap having played an extra 2 games. Not to mention the £220m he spent in the summer

Dave was adamant that Aitor Karanka was going to the top and we should’ve appointed him to replace Koeman by the way, I’d take all of his managerial shouts with a mountain of salt.

Where is this story about 11m compensation coming from? I have not seen any reliable journalists suggest that Real Madrid paid any compensation for Carlo, let alone 11m. If I have missed something I would love to know.
This is from Real Madrid's mouthpiece newspaper AS.

Everton did not put any obstacles in his way - even though he had a lengthy contract with the Merseysiders.That was a relief to Madrid as they did not have to pay a large sum to Everton as compensation. Under Ancelotti, the team finished tenth in the Premier League.

Everton did not put any obstacles in his way - even though he had a lengthy contract with the Merseysiders.That was a relief to Madrid as they did not have to pay a large sum to Everton as compensation. Under Ancelotti, the team finished tenth in the Premier League.

Its weird, and i may be WELL off here, but i think the CLub were quite happy for someone to take Carlo off us to be honest. The money saved for when the inevitable sacking was going to come is massive.

The 220m on Havertz, Werner, Chilwell etc who went on to win the CL after they finally bedded in together?
And the guy who has resounding faith in Mason Mount when Chelsea fans were all complaining about him in October and November?
Tuchel took them to the CL final, no way would Lampard have done that. I think the quality of Mount is obvious for all to see, certainly wasn’t all Chelsea fans complaining

It makes sense, getting a manager out of his contract usually takes a bit of time and the Ancelotti deal was done swiftly. There was clearly a clause which allowed him to break his contract if Real Madrid came in for him. I'd imagine we got something, but not very much. Also one of the reasons our targets seem to be managers with no current club, so we don't have to spend transfer budget on compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back