New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Real Madrid's mouthpiece newspaper AS.

Everton did not put any obstacles in his way - even though he had a lengthy contract with the Merseysiders.That was a relief to Madrid as they did not have to pay a large sum to Everton as compensation. Under Ancelotti, the team finished tenth in the Premier League.
I get the feeling the higher ups were not happy with Carlo but obviously couldn't afford the buyout if they sacked him.

Rating out of 10 on the Jarg Rating

1623423767837.webp

It makes sense, getting a manager out of his contract usually takes a bit of time and the Ancelotti deal was done swiftly. There was clearly a clause which allowed him to break his contract if Real Madrid came in for him. I'd imagine we got something, but not very much. Also one of the reasons our targets seem to be managers with no current club, so we don't have to spend transfer budget on compensation.
Probably not much difference between what we got and what we'd have to pay for Galtier.

I read that Potter is on "only" 1m a year. So even if you double that with a 4 year contract, and come to a settlement, its not huge by todays standards.

Its weird, and i may be WELL off here, but i think the CLub were quite happy for someone to take Carlo off us to be honest. The money saved for when the inevitable sacking was going to come is massive.
We still should have pushed for compo. Anyone else would have. Didn't we pay Watford compo AFTER they'd already sacked silva?

It is kind of strange that the most exciting news on this thread is when the unwanted dross drop out of the race. There are a number of potential quality appointments that the press is just silent about - Rangnick, Favre, Fonseca, even Galtier and Potter.
Yet the journo's seem to be having a field day with the Benitez, Fatih, Nuno, Moyes.
Maybe the club are just keeping things quiet on our actual targets...

I think there's a lot about Potter which is interesting, but I'd caution against him being seen as a guaranteed long-term appointment.

He left Swansea after one season because Brighton gave him a chance in the PL. If he came here he would have left Brighton after two seasons because there was an opportunity to progress to a bigger club. If he did really well for us and one of the top six was looking for a new manager in a couple of years and wanted him, you know full well that he'd be off.
Assuming he does well, I’d hope we could match his ambition.

Make us H-A-P-P-Y Farhad with Antonio Conte.....

Some quotes.......

"Generally, I like the challenges and I’ve accepted many of them during my career," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Even the top clubs I coached were never the favourites when I arrived. However, if there’s something that doesn’t convince me I prefer not to accept regardless of the money.”

"I look for the projects instead and I am ready to stay at home if something is not convincing me. It has to do with vision, honesty and principles."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back