New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 successive managers are not going to accept him for sentimental reasons if he was not good at what he does.

And as for ex players...Unsy, Dunc and who? Baines? will be an asset to any young left back if he is still here.
Sure Ebbrell is was there and Jeffers probably more , you could ask why is Unsy still there as the production line from the 23's isn't a massive que, as i said i don't know if he's great at his job or not its hard to judge

Honestly this has been said about every manager since Moyes left. The most likely way to change the culture of the club is to bring in someone who makes the club their own, a bit like Moyes did here, or Klopp or Guardiola etc are doing now. If - for example - Potter came in and said 'right we're going to play this way, we have a long term plan and unless you show me you're capable of fitting in then you won't be part of it' then the culture can change over time. The idea that the culture is going to be changed by a disciplinarian coming in and shouting at people is painfully outdated. Particularly when that disciplinarian isn't liked by the fan base and the players know it.

And just to add to the analogy, a disciplinarian who is likely to surround himself with those already embedded into the existing structure of the club, but also one who has never shown any real interest in developing never mind changing the culture of an entire club.

He is another Mourinho, another Ancelotti etc, he is coming in to make the 1st team win. Ancelotti gave some nice words about the project etc and a few of us (myself included) entertained it, but it was nonsense. Benitez is even worse though. Like if you are really interested in building up a club, you don't go down the route of wanting to sacrifice it's financial health for the short term goals of you wanting a couple of extra players for the new season. You understand there are limits to what the club can give you and you don't pick a fight and kick off in the way he does.

I can't see any sense in a position Benitez is a great long rebuilder for us, he's never really done that. He has positives, but that's not it at all.

If you're making an argument he's a winner so it will shift thinking, surely we have learnt it doesn't work like that after Koeman and Ancelotti? But especially as he is following Ancelotti, like being objective you're not going to be more wowed by Benitez than Ancelotti.

I think as a fanbase we have got to stop the unrealistic expectations placed on new managers. The football is going to be dull. He is not going to bring through younger players. But the results might be ok.

It's been exactly three weeks today since Carlo's departure was announced, 21 days to search for a manager, and they are going to say they came up with Benitez??

Swansea have won more than us in the last 25 years
We haven't finished higher than 7th for the last 8 years
One top 4 finish since 1987-88 (32 years)
We ahve been majorly reliant on the Premier League money during most of the Premier League era because we cannot produce money the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea can produce in terms of shirts, sponsorships, gate receipts etc!

We are basically a Northern West Ham!
The sooner we all deal with the facts that even 'historically' we aren't that big licks, we can lose the arrogance we have seemed to gained and get back to working to be good again, instead of expecting it
Instead of having illusions of grandeur and trying to play with the big boys, when they could all just gobble us up
Great post, BTW you name check a few teams like Swansea, did you know since we won the cup.in 1995, since then we are the only club in the top 4 divisions, who have had no success at all, nothin, 92 clubs and 91 one of them have done something in that time.
By that I dont just mean winning cups and titles but even a promotion to.some teams is something to.celenrate, especially a tiny club making the PL.

Great post, BTW you name check a few teams like Swansea, did you know since we won the cup.in 1995, since then we are the only club in the top 4 divisions, who have had no success at all, nothin, 92 clubs and 91 one of them have done something in that time.
By that I dont just mean winning cups and titles but even a promotion to.some teams is something to.celenrate, especially a tiny club making the PL.
We need to keep this quiet

A lot of money had been put on Rafael this afternoon.
So?
You know nothing and are making stories about the fw to wind up Everton fans. I don't think you have any real sources of info, and in my opinion not an EFC supporter. You don't provide proof of your claims, and therefore cannot be taken seriously.
Benitez is NOT the answer in any shape or form.
Keep on wumming you are slightly amusing

The Facht that we have a spectrum of Fans that goes from 'he is ok' to "we hate and despise him" is a concern. Usually the spectrum runs from 'good choice' to "not my first choice but lets see how he does".
This appointment would be hugely divisive, detrimental to the club, the playing staff and the fans. I am not sure I unerstand why the Board would even consider it.
Where ur daily top 5? One of the best things about this thread

Thats a pretty incredible stat

Is almost impressive that we havent fluked an FA Cup or League cup

Status
Not open for further replies.