New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thin despite the bluster mate, most people wil support the team for the 90 minutes. But if Benitez doesnt deliver they will rightly turn on him. It's his job to be competitive with Leicester, and ot be overtaken by sides who finished below us (who may even lose their best players). Obviously if he cant do that, people are going to vent their frustration. Pretty much the same for any manager to be fair.

Benitez won't be given the same time and patience as another manager. Whether thats right or wrong is another thing, but I feel like this is destined for disaster

I thin despite the bluster mate, most people wil support the team for the 90 minutes. But if Benitez doesnt deliver they will rightly turn on him. It's his job to be competitive with Leicester, and ot be overtaken by sides who finished below us (who may even lose their best players). Obviously if he cant do that, people are going to vent their frustration. Pretty much the same for any manager to be fair.
Pretty much the same as every manager is so far from the truth: general consensus on Carlo was he needs time / if someone with his CV can't get better out of their squad who can.
Roll forward FSW: he will be booed before 1st home game and at the end if we produce home performances like last season

I think its important the whole fanbase gets behind the team regardless of the manager. Leicester look like they have moved way ahead of us, Villa will likely cash in on Grealish and have a good £100-150 million to spend to an already good team. Wolves will likely improve on last season and Leeds are a decent side as are WHU.

I fear if elements of the fanbase let the Benitez situation take over from actually supporting the team particularly at home we'll fall down the table this season and its a risky game with the stadium work about to commence.

There is no Conte looking to come aboard - lets just see what the fella does and if he isn't upto much by December then by all means make a concrete opinion on the fella.
Results will dictate the support he gets win games and the dissenters will be quite and on the whole calm ,lose games there will be no honeymoon period and the people against his appointment and them who maybe sat on the fence now will turn very quickly and things will escalate to a very toxic goodison

The Spanish are not a race.
At least understand what actually constitutes racism before accusing people of such a serious offence.
Cheers!
( obviously the Spanish are members of shared racial group ).
Nah, sorry, "FSW" is a lazy xenophobic stereotype and people can hide that behind whatever semantics they like. The intent is crystal clear: the "othering" of a foreigner.

My only worry mate is if we do alright but lose the odd game you'll have the fringe element going OTT at the match which puts unnecessary pressure on the side.

Evertonians are respected for being a down to earth fanbase of proper footie fans not the entitled hypocritical scab 6 lot so calm heads must prevail in those first 10 or so fixtures.

I dont even want Benitez but its a sad fact that I worry more about our own fans scuppering next season than the bloke himself in the dugout.

Results will dictate the support he gets win games and the dissenters will be quite and on the whole calm ,lose games there will be no honeymoon period and the people against his appointment and them who maybe sat on the fence now will turn very quickly and things will escalate to a very toxic goodison

But thats the problem isnt it - this squad aint top 4 quality we will lose the odd game under any manager coming in including Conte - if the fans who are just sat waiting for the first hiccup so they can go "I told you so" and start giving abuse cant wait until December then they are best staying at home for the good of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.