New Everton Stadium Discussion

Financing was still carried out by a loan.

Can't believe you that dim to think that a stadium would be funded by a singe person

Words fail me
Comparing Arsenals ability to fund a stadium with Kroenke and Usmanov on board with us.

Do yourself a favour mate, draw a line under this argument of yours. It's just unsustainable.

Comparing Arsenals ability to fund a stadium with Kroenke and Usmanov on board with us.

Do yourself a favour mate, draw a line under this argument of yours. It's just unsustainable.

Lol.

You mean usmonov who has just sponsored our training facilities, and his business partner and friend who owns our club

Oh David, your done for today

Moshiri hasn't got £400M for a stadium. Joe Anderson cant provide anything. It'll take a huge naming rights deal for the stadium to turn ambition into reality finance wise and that source of funding is going to be tough to drive a deal on.

Really, what do Peel lose out on hearing that Everton have cash for a piece of land sometime in the future? They shrug their shoulders. Everton will have to do a lot more to secure this than what's apparently about to be announced.
What utter tosh you spout

Moshiri hasn't got £400M for a stadium. Joe Anderson cant provide anything. It'll take a huge naming rights deal for the stadium to turn ambition into reality finance wise and that source of funding is going to be tough to drive a deal on.

Really, what do Peel lose out on hearing that Everton have cash for a piece of land sometime in the future? They shrug their shoulders. Everton will have to do a lot more to secure this than what's apparently about to be announced.

Really?? You think a Billionaire Accountant wont have the facility, know how and contacts to finance a football stadium?

I'm no expert but i think you actually have no clue what people like Moshiri are capable of doing. And Joe Anderson knows a hell of a lot more than you and i will ever know on the matter. In my opinion of course.

There is barely even a middle-sized club in Europe that have not had a significant upgrade or ground move over the last two decades.

After a slow start, the Italians and Spanish clubs are catching up as well, Udinese and Espanyol to name but two.

Hardly world-beaters there, but now playing in quite tidy and impressive stadia for clubs of their stature, with significantly less financial wriggle-room than Everton.

Of course - now- we can finance the move to BMD and make it fitting for our ambition.

Naming rights, other sponsorship, loans, council funding, and the clubs own capital contribution will make it very achievable.

Objections, issues, challenges, are all to be expected. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

I can't see anyone arguing successfully that a 300-400m pound development of this nature is anything other than good for the club, for the local and business community and the city economy.

So, when the announcement is made, I'm confident that the groundwork - literally - has gone in to making it a success.

Well it was probably 10 years ago when they were buiding there stadium. And I'll bet you Evertons income now is not too dissimilar to what Arsenals was when they had to finance there stadium, due to the massive increase in premier league and commercial revenues but the cost for building will be roughly the same as 10 years ago. So i actually think we will be perfectly fine when it comes to finding the finance.

I'm guessing Arsenal in 2004, when they were building the Emirates, were less wealthy than most PL mainstays are now. Sponsorships, kit deals, and obviously TV money have ballooned since. In that sense, a 60k stadium (cost mortgaged against future ticket revenue plus naming rights etc) should be very doable for a club the size of Everton.

But that's a hypothetical stadium.

In reality you're wanting a stadium on a site owned by someone else who has no need to sell so will want top dollar, a stadium built to world-class standards not just a bog standard one, a location needing transport improvements from the council, and with WHS concerns possibly there too. Still affordable? Possibly. But logistically, not easy.

Not that Arsenal had it easy either....they had to knock down a waste recycling centre and build a new one. They also had to rebuild they waste recycling centre they knocked down...
http://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/arsenal-fc-hands-over-60m-recycling-centre-to-islington/

I'm guessing Arsenal in 2004, when they were building the Emirates, were less wealthy than most PL mainstays are now. Sponsorships, kit deals, and obviously TV money have ballooned since. In that sense, a 60k stadium (cost mortgaged against future ticket revenue plus naming rights etc) should be very doable for a club the size of Everton.

But that's a hypothetical stadium.

In reality you're wanting a stadium on a site owned by someone else who has no need to sell so will want top dollar, a stadium built to world-class standards not just a bog standard one, a location needing transport improvements from the council, and with WHS concerns possibly there too. Still affordable? Possibly. But logistically, not easy.

Not that Arsenal had it easy either....they had to knock down a waste recycling centre and build a new one. They also had to rebuild they waste recycling centre they knocked down...
http://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/arsenal-fc-hands-over-60m-recycling-centre-to-islington/

Peel own the land and want it developed, they see it has the key to their Liverpool waters development for the northern docks, they're very much on board.

The issue is the infrastructure surrounding the area, but the councils (both Liverpool and Sefton) are improving the road infrastructure around the area with LCC looking at direct routes in and out of the area.

We have a businessman on board, this makes the difference. He knows how to operate