New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'll say this: if - as looks likely - this new stadium doesn't get built, we are finished as a top flight club.

Not just revenue wise but also morale wise and the dashing of the dreams of a generation of fans.

We are going to be floored by any decision to mothball this. It was our only feasible way forward and if it's denied us then we will fall away dramatically and tumble through the divisions.

This could be the beginning of the end for us.
I gave you an 'unsure' - because its all up in the air, but it won't be the best thing that ever happened to the club.

I don't think the transport details are sketchy at all. There are designated taxi ranks (we have a huge number of black hackney cabs for a city of our size). There are plans in place for special buses from various points, including the city centre and Bootle. Regards parking, there are plenty of businesses around about who will be more than happy to earn a few quid from renting out their car park spaces, particularly for night games and Sunday games. And that is without mentioning trains. Sure, for a capacity of 80,000 might be different. I just don't see any problems getting there or getting away for 50,000. it's all opinions now of course. All will be revealed.

Box-ticking mentions of taxi ranks and a few shuttle buses is not really a transport plan. The transport strategy docs in the planning application are essentially outline non-technical documents (and are titled as such). They do reference analysis docs. Similar documents were posted for Destination Kirkby and were subsequently completely rubbished in the public inquiry....... even after multiple revisions when their analysis docs were leaked.

According to the club's documents it estimated that there are something like 5-8k Car parking spaces within a 30 minute walk of BMD(depending on day of the week). Apparently Goodison has over 10k within the same walking distance and far more traffic lanes and established bus routes serving the site from all sides, within shorter distances. It was stated during the consultation that the new stadium would need a significant modal shift to public transport but this is not well covered in those docs at all. Hence the reason why I described them as sketchy.

Box-ticking mentions of taxi ranks and a few shuttle buses is not really a transport plan. The transport strategy docs in the planning application are essentially outline non-technical documents (and are titled as such). They do reference analysis docs. Similar documents were posted for Destination Kirkby and were subsequently completely rubbished in the public inquiry....... even after multiple revisions when their analysis docs were leaked.

According to the club's documents it estimated that there are something like 5-8k Car parking spaces within a 30 minute walk of BMD(depending on day of the week). Apparently Goodison has over 10k within the same walking distance and far more traffic lanes and established bus routes serving the site from all sides, within shorter distances. It was stated during the consultation that the new stadium would need a significant modal shift to public transport but this is not well covered in those docs at all. Hence the reason why I described them as sketchy.

It'll be fine, you'll see. If it's not, I'll give you a piggy back or lend you my pogo stick.