New Everton Stadium Discussion

They having to replace part of the roof as it’s leaking already, they don’t think it’s gonna be finished befor the start of the season.

I don't feel the need to laugh at them or even say anything. I just get the warm glow of smug satisfaction that one of the richest clubs in the world was shortsighted enough not to build a proper stadium. And yet their pauper neighbours did.

It's like they have not learned anything from us. Of course the inbuilt advantages are going to keep them probably okay, had this been the sixties all this could have bitten them on the bum for not doing the right thing. Like when we took shortcuts with the main stand and then the PE.

I was in Bilbao the other week, so took in a visit to the stadium
I was if anything curious on what they had on Howard
They like a few clubs had a museum which finished by walking into the pitch
It was pretty decent

Are we doing this, be great if we are

I don't feel the need to laugh at them or even say anything. I just get the warm glow of smug satisfaction that one of the richest clubs in the world was shortsighted enough not to build a proper stadium. And yet their pauper neighbours did.

It's like they have not learned anything from us. Of course the inbuilt advantages are going to keep them probably okay, had this been the sixties all this could have bitten them on the bum for not doing the right thing. Like when we took shortcuts with the main stand and then the PE.

What shortcuts did we take on the main stand?

Before my time but I’ve seen articles praising it upon completion. Then again Chelsea built theirs the same time and it still looks pretty modern today.

Or do you mean just because we didn’t built a completely new stadium?

What shortcuts did we take on the main stand?

Before my time but I’ve seen articles praising it upon completion. Then again Chelsea built theirs the same time and it still looks pretty modern today.

Or do you mean just because we didn’t built a completely new stadium?

Not a new stadium at the time of the main stand rebuild. By the PE then you can say we probably should have.

The Main Stand mistakes were not straightening Goodison Road first, then building it such a way we have restricted views because of the non cantilever roof and the pillars that hold up the TB. As you say Chelsea's main stand is what ours could have been like.

I know it's probably unfair to say they did it wrong back in 1969-70, as football was a completey different game, but had we had the foresight to have more hospitality space and bigger dressing rooms etc. that would have helped us embrace the start of the PL era with us at the pointy end.

Had that happened, with a two tier PE, suddenly we have a 50+k stadium with no restricted views on two sides (perhaps the re-roof of GS would have been also made a cantilever and that would have reduced the number further to a minimum over there).

We always took the cheaper option despite being one of the very best in the country.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back