New Everton Stadium Discussion

Dont know much about them, but they do a LOT of american stadiums. A little insight into into the top ranked stadiums for food in the USA:

1. NFL. They manage 14 NFL stadiums. When it comes to almost all food rankings they have, 3 of the top 5 and 6 of the top 10. Seems to be 1 in the bottom 10?
2. MLB. They manage 8 MLB stadiums. Most seem to have 2 in the top 5, seems to be 1 in the bottom 10.
3. NHL. They manage 5 NHL stadiums. A couple are in the top 10, none seem to be in the bottom 10, others seem to be in the middle.

So to me it seems they manage a ton of stadiums, and their food can rank from best in the league, to middle of the league, with a few near the bottom. I suspect though that is due to the ownership decisions of whatever stadium they are working in. Clearly for an organization that manages such a variety of locations, it’s down to what they have been instructed. They are capable of providing a world class league leading food experience at BMD, it’s up to whether Everton ownership truly wants that, or something cheaper.
It’s not whether the club want something cheaper, it’s whether the fans will pay for it. We all want good quality options, but it has to be affordable.

The prices are some of the US stadiums is eye-watering, so it’s finding that balance.

If i was a tourist/visitor or fan doing a stadium tour at Bmd i would rather see statues of the clubs greatest players there,
Rather than traipse up to where Goodison used to be.
I have gone to Goodison for over 50 years. Once we move I can't see me ever going back and I imagine this will be the same for the majority of fans. We will have a new stadium and 50k fans will go there regularly and hopefully visitors to the city. Put a plaque up to mark Goodison and take the statues to BMD. Any other decision to me seems bizarre

I have gone to Goodison for over 50 years. Once we move I can't see me ever going back and I imagine this will be the same for the majority of fans. We will have a new stadium and 50k fans will go there regularly and hopefully visitors to the city. Put a plaque up to mark Goodison and take the statues to BMD. Any other decision to me seems bizarre
I think it’s one thing to say that now, but once we’re established in the new ground, and Goodison is gone, the reality changes.

The new ground will no longer be a dream, it’ll be our day to day reality - and Goodison moves from the norm to a memory.

The place already holds a mythic status when you think about the greats that have played there over the last century and a bit. That’ll only be amplified when it’s gone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.