New Everton Stadium

I think we should just knock the whole thing down and start again with Tom in charge.
IMG_9235.jpeg

No problem with you having an opinion, but you don't have all the facts to openly criticise a decision you weren't involved in.

So are you nailing your colours to the mast and stating that the dividing wall is going to obstruct the view of the pitch? I want to get it on record that this is specifically what you are saying. If you've visited the stadium then i assume you were able to check this first hand?

Happy for you to show me specifically where the obstructed view in the away section is.

Just to be clear, I can't guarantee there won't be an obstructed view, I've just given my reasons why i'm 99.9% certain there won't be any.

Burro Happold, who provide a number of consultancy services on the project, seem happy to state as such on their website. But hey, how would they know?

View attachment 270761

I've stated clearly that I think the wall will be obtrusive at its rear as it cuts across the natural line of view. It is also something I have never seen replicated in any modern stadium. Feel free to show me anything similar. It was flagged up as soon as drawings were revealed and several others mentioned it too. I can only assume that they have cut away enough seating to a provide a wide enough aisle to give a clear view of the far corner flag. The obstructed view in the visitors section was cited by others who I believe have been in that section, where a raised disabled platform cuts across the lateral view of
some neighbouring seats.

I think we should just knock the whole thing down and start again with Tom in charge.

That would be a bit daft for the sake of such a simple fix, don't you think?

Maybe you should ask for a season ticket in one of those corners, so you can tell us how good the view is..... but seeing as you're commenting about the time of the final whistle last night, I'm not sure if you even go?

There'll be a handful of nights in Manchester. Liverpool would be an obvious other north west venue.
Paul Mc and The LA's our far more suited to gigs at BM giving both front men are Evertonians and vastly superior musicians compared to that boring and derivate muck that comes from Burnage.

Also Lee Mavers is a miserable sod so he'd probably poo poo it.

That would be a bit daft for the sake of such a simple fix, don't you think?

Maybe you should ask for a season ticket in one of those corners, so you can tell us how good the view is..... but seeing as you're commenting about the time of the final whistle last night, I'm not sure if you even go?
I didn't go the cup game last night, no. I didn't leave my office until gone 7pm. Not that I need to give reasons or excuses to the likes of you. I do however have a season ticket in the paddock. Block PK3. Come and say hello any time you want.

Last edited:
I've stated clearly that I think the wall will be obtrusive at its rear as it cuts across the natural line of view. It is also something I have never seen replicated in any modern stadium. Feel free to show me anything similar. It was flagged up as soon as drawings were revealed and several others mentioned it too. I can only assume that they have cut away enough seating to a provide a wide enough aisle to give a clear view of the far corner flag. The obstructed view in the visitors section was cited by others who I believe have been in that section, where a raised disabled platform cuts across the lateral view of
some neighbouring seats.
So despite the consultant's and the club stating there aren't any obstructed views, and you have no proof whatsoever to the contrary, you're still going to continue saying there is an issue? 🤣

I mean, it's blatantly obvious from looking at all the drone footage and photographs that the wall won't obscure any of the playing surface, but you believe what you want to believe.

I'll make sure to bookmark this and run it back when the stadium is complete...although you'll probably be too busy complaining about something else by then.

some neighbouring seats.
I've seen it in plenty. Usually a shallower gradient to fit in corporate boxes along the side stands. In Minnesota, the seats next to this wall will have a similar issue in that the wall will block their natural view of the stand behind the goal, but you can see the pitch.

Attachments

• Minnesota Stadium.jpg
    Minnesota Stadium.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2

Be honest.... you voted for Kirkby and happy-clapped Kenwright on the big screen, didn't you?
So despite the consultant's and the club stating there aren't any obstructed views, and you have no proof whatsoever to the contrary, you're still going to continue saying there is an issue? 🤣

I mean, it's blatantly obvious from looking at all the drone footage and photographs that the wall won't obscure any of the playing surface, but you believe what you want to believe.

I'll make sure to bookmark this and run it back when the stadium is complete...although you'll probably be too busy complaining about something else by then.

Where have I said that the wall obscures the playing surface? I haven't! I said that "I can only assume (like you) that they will remove enough seats to ensure it doesn't". I repeat, I have said that the wall is running across the natural line of view of those seats and it could therefore be obtrusive....and for some will obscure the view of the "blue wall" which is supposed to be a signature feature of the stadium design. I said that their were obvious solutions as used everywhere else were different raked stands joined at corners (that would've also allowed that space to be filled with seats). I also asked if you had seen a similar arrangement to this used anywhere else. You still haven't answered.

I'm not sure that the consultants you quoted had anything to do with the sightline modelling or design of the bowl, that isn't normally their remit..... but again, where have I said there will be any obstructions? Others on here have said that there are in the away section and if I remember rightly, they were close enough to see a KAG or similar sticker placed on or near it.

I stated my reservations about the likes of the financial model (or complete lack thereof) from the start. That wasn't moaning. That was a concern based on basic common sense, which I think has been more than fully vindicated since.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back