New Everton Stadium Discussion

Given how bad the atmosphere is at Goodison right now, I think it's worrying where it will go to at BMD. Still got huge reservations on us ensuring we have a home end behind the goal generating the noise given how many new season ticket holders are going to be introduced.

You see it a lot of new stadiums that the home fans who make the most noise are a small bunch sat next to the away end. Would hate that to be us.

Given how bad the atmosphere is at Goodison right now, I think it's worrying where it will go to at BMD. Still got huge reservations on us ensuring we have a home end behind the goal generating the noise given how many new season ticket holders are going to be introduced.

You see it a lot of new stadiums that the home fans who make the most noise are a small bunch sat next to the away end. Would hate that to be us.
Celtic created a “ safe standing” area for their Green Brigade , who generally bounce and sing for the whole game and I would say are younger than the average fan. Something like that may be a good catalyst for generating noise.

It can’t be any worse than Goodison, it’s impossible. We really need to escape Goodison because it’s dragging the football club into the ground with it currently. Don’t care how unpopular it is, I can’t wait to see the back of the place. The longer we try and hold onto the past the further we sink. It’s a disadvantage playing at Goodison at the moment.

It can’t be any worse than Goodison, it’s impossible. We really need to escape Goodison because it’s dragging the football club into the ground with it currently. Don’t care how unpopular it is, I can’t wait to see the back of the place. The longer we try and hold onto the past the further we sink. It’s a disadvantage playing at Goodison at the moment.

It is funny to see media compliment the Goodison atmosphere when it must be one of the quietest grounds in the league most of the time.

I do think it could be even worse though. We have so many fans with no interest in generating any sort of noise. It's almost inevitable quite a few of them will end up in the new Gwladys Street which is going to make even standing up for a corner a hard task.

It is funny to see media compliment the Goodison atmosphere when it must be one of the quietest grounds in the league most of the time.

I do think it could be even worse though. We have so many fans with no interest in generating any sort of noise. It's almost inevitable quite a few of them will end up in the new Gwladys Street which is going to make even standing up for a corner a hard task.

It’s not the volume that’s the issue for me, every single ground in the league is quiet, it’s just the way modern football is. There’s just a horrible negative energy and tension around Goodison that’s emerged over the last few years in particular. I think everyone just needs a clean break and a reset at this point. It’s doing us no favours lingering around the place longer than we need to, it’s just like a vice that’s tightening its grip and squeezing us to death slowly. I want to move as early as possible because we desperately need the fresh start.

It’s not the volume that’s the issue for me, every single ground in the league is quiet, it’s just the way modern football is. There’s just a horrible negative energy and tension around Goodison that’s emerged over the last few years in particular. I think everyone just needs a clean break and a reset at this point. It’s doing us no favours lingering around the place longer than we need to, it’s just like a vice that’s tightening its grip and squeezing us to death slowly. I want to move as early as possible because we desperately need the fresh start.

I know what you're saying but I'd be surprised if we adapted to BMD well. That negativity isn't going away if the players remain the same. It's just going to be same energy from the fans but in a more alien environment which will only help the opposition.

I know what you're saying but I'd be surprised if we adapted to BMD well. That negativity isn't going away if the players remain the same. It's just going to be same energy from the fans but in a more alien environment which will only help the opposition.

I think simply the fact that we’re in a new stadium will lift the atmosphere automatically, at least for the first 6 months or so anyway. There is nothing to be gained by remaining at Goodison. Like I said, it’s a straight up disadvantage. Opposition players must absolutely love playing there.

It’s inevitable that the myth of the Goodison atmosphere will grow and BMD will be compared negatively after we move.

Like many other grounds, the atmosphere can be amazing, but all too often if falls well short. Probably influenced by how rubbish the team has been on and off for a generation.

It's mad that people think Goodison is the problem regarding negativety and atmosphere. If its any better at Bramley Moore after decades of mismanagement, rubbish footy and the game in general in decline I'd be amazed. A club with ambition and a team on the pitch to be proud of fighting for the badge is the only way it'll constantly improve, no matter where we're playing.