New Everton Stadium Discussion

If you were sat down on those seats right against the wall, you would definitely not be able to see the NW corner of the pitch . ^ as above I've added some rationale why they can get away with it.

Not sure despite your rational how you can think that. There’s not one seat in the stadium you cannot see every area of the pitch.

As someone who’s (possibly unhealthily) obsessed with the build. I can genuinely confirm you’re wrong.

As @maccavennie posted, here are some screenshots I took before the seats went in. Zoom in and look how high that platform wall is. If you are sat down right next to it, or even as much as a few seats besides are you are not seeing the corner of the pitch beyond the wall...

View attachment 246566
View attachment 246567

It's not a huge amount of seats though and it's the away end anyhow. How many clubs bring the full allocation?
Can’t believe I’m responding or to take you serious tbh, surely you’re not suggesting that temporary cover is going to be permanent 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t believe I’m responding or to take you serious tbh, surely you’re not suggesting that temporary cover is going to be permanent 🤷🏻‍♂️

No you just haven't read the post correctly or at least the proceeding ones building up to that. That's a vomitory/expansion gap cover you are talking about. Look in between the two blue lines and go right to the top of the lower tier. You will see a raised concrete platform for wheelchair users to sit on. The seats of about 3/4 rows butt up against this structure and therefore will block some views of the pitch on the right hand side, if you are in the North stand, and the left hand side if you are in East Stand's similar area.

Most obvious questions
  1. Is there a cannon installed on the roof which can fire additional footballs on to the pitch if the opposition are about to score or are dominating the possession and territory? Gives the ref no option but to blow for a stoppage to remove the excess balls, disrupting the general flow of the opposition's play.
  2. What capacity is it?
  3. I know Everton are famous for playing in royal blue and white, but what colour will the seats be at their new purpose-built, on-brand stadium?
I think 3 should be before 2. Just my humble opinion.

Not sure despite your rational how you can think that. There’s not one seat in the stadium you cannot see every area of the pitch.

As someone who’s (possibly unhealthily) obsessed with the build. I can genuinely confirm you’re wrong.

For someone who has a possibly unhealthy obsession with the build you don't post much on this thread. I'll back my totally unhealthy obsession with diagrams etc.why I think I'm right. You can then come back and give a qualified reason for your views on the situation why you can confirm I'm wrong.

We know the accessible structure is at least 3 rows wide, looking at the picture where I've drawn the outline, if we call these rows A,B,C and D. B can probably lean forward and see, definitely when standing. C and D have their sightlines interrupted and that's pretty obvious when anyone who's ever sat at a stadium knows someone with a large hat in front can block out some of the closest areas of the pitch.

Screenshot_20240220_220541_Chrome1.jpg

This might be ok when they stand up, like others have said they might not use these seats for paying customers. But they chose to stick seats there, which would create a restricted view for these closest to the platform.

Here is another showing a wheelchair user on it, which will further block the view when looking across to the NW corner and of course it will need some kind of glass fencing to stop people just falling off, which will add further issues to the view.

Screenshot_20240220_223651_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to get my hands on that 3D BIM model!

People are welcome to disagree with me but i can't see how or why we would make a decision to introduce seats with restricted views. It's insane.

So, in my opinion, they either aren't restricted OR they won't be used as, based on the location, they are along the line between home and away supporters which would ordinarilly be left empty for separation purposes.
Unless there reserved for Stewards and they really shouldnt be watching the match

For someone who has a possibly unhealthy obsession with the build you don't post much on this thread. I'll back my totally unhealthy obsession with diagrams etc.why I think I'm right. You can then come back and give a qualified reason for your views on the situation why you can confirm I'm wrong.

We know the accessible structure is at least 3 rows wide, looking at the picture where I've drawn the outline, if we call these rows A,B,C and D. B can probably lean forward and see, definitely when standing. C and D have their sightlines interrupted and that's pretty obvious when anyone who's ever sat at a stadium knows someone with a large hat in front can block out some of the closest areas of the pitch.

View attachment 246587

This might be ok when they stand up, like others have said they might not use these seats for paying customers. But they chose to stick seats there, which would create a restricted view for these closest to the platform.

Here is another showing a wheelchair user on it, which will further block the view when looking across to the NW corner and of course it will need some kind of glass fencing to stop people just falling off, which will add further issues to the view.

View attachment 246588
That line you've drawn on the section is wrong. It doesn't tally up with the Architectural section below.

You can see that the person seated on the row in front of the wall (below the wheelchair), their head is already above the top of it when seated. Therefore, anyone sat on the first row behind the line of the wall their head would be higher still and would have a clear view of the pitch.

1708509453425.png

You can't really say that their view would be blocked by someone in a wheelchair because we don't yet know if anyone would be sat that close to the end of the platform.

Yes, there will be a barrier around the edge but this should be glazed to match the others around the vomitories.

That line you've drawn on the section is wrong. It doesn't tally up with the Architectural section below.

You can see that the person seated on the row in front of the wall (below the wheelchair), their head is already above the top of it when seated. Therefore, anyone sat on the first row behind the line of the wall their head would be higher still and would have a clear view of the pitch.

View attachment 246590

You can't really say that their view would be blocked by someone in a wheelchair because we don't yet know if anyone would be sat that close to the end of the platform.

Yes, there will be a barrier around the edge but this should be glazed to match the others around the vomitories.
All that being said, the above is from the D&A Statement I believe. The section below is from one of the Architectural drawings which suggests that the platform is actually larger and also shows the terracing beyond (which i've highlighted in red).

Difficult to tell without the seats and people sat in them but this suggests that someone's view 'might' be blocked by the platform. Ultimately, can't say for sure until someone is sat in it and take a picture/video or we get to see the 3D model.

1708510623706.png

View attachment 246590

I can see what you mean, it definitely isn't as harsh but you can draw it on the cross section and I still believe it will impact.

Especially as you aren't at the centre of the stand looking straight down, you are looking across the platform to the corner flag which increases the distance of how far the object is in front of you.

Screenshot_20240220_223651_Gallery1.jpg

All that being said, the above is from the D&A Statement I believe. The section below is from one of the Architectural drawings which suggests that the platform is actually larger and also shows the terracing beyond (which i've highlighted in red).

Difficult to tell without the seats and people sat in them but this suggests that someone's view 'might' be blocked by the platform. Ultimately, can't say for sure until someone is sat in it and take a picture/video or we get to see the 3D model.

View attachment 246592
Added a couple of seats on in blue. As long as someone isn't a midget I think it might just about be ok lollollol

1708511549401.png

I can see what you mean, it definitely isn't as harsh but you can draw it on the cross section and I still believe it will impact.

Especially as you aren't at the centre of the stand looking straight down, you are looking across the platform to the corner flag which increases the distance of how far the object is in front of you.

View attachment 246593

The only way to sort this mate is for Everton to invite me and you to the stadium and you sit in the northern corner and I'll sit in the North Eastern corner.

I'm pretty confident that me and you are correct on our assumption that whoever sits on those seats are going to have a restricted view. I'm now also confident though that what others have said is also correct (they won't be used or will be for stewards). It just seemed strange to me that they put a seat there and I was expecting a gap.

I remember a few months ago someone posted a pic from the other obstructed bit where someone had put an Everton sticker on the ceiling. Someone even posted "wouldn't be happy if that was my view" and I remember thinking "I hope they don't put seats in that corner up against the corporate wall"

No you just haven't read the post correctly or at least the proceeding ones building up to that. That's a vomitory/expansion gap cover you are talking about. Look in between the two blue lines and go right to the top of the lower tier. You will see a raised concrete platform for wheelchair users to sit on. The seats of about 3/4 rows butt up against this structure and therefore will block some views of the pitch on the right hand side, if you are in the North stand, and the left hand side if you are in East Stand's similar area.
Okay I see now what you’re saying and thank you for your polite reply 🙏 I’m with others tbh regarding stadium design and the intricate details they have gone thru. I would suggest that there will be no obstructed views anywhere but with the magnitude of development maybe someone has miscalculated.
Compared with gp it’s an open playing field 🙏