New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can any genuine brainiacs on here give me a percentage chance that BMD will fall through for us but we are saved by Liverpool buying it off us cos they realise what a monstrosity they've created up there? And then we DO end up having to redevelop Goodison after all? (Potentially with @Tom Hughes as chief designer if we are very skint).

I'm no expert but looking at the absolute car crash of our finances, I think the chances of this playing out are above 0%. (Not the Tom bit maybe).

Can any genuine brainiacs on here give me a percentage chance that BMD will fall through for us but we are saved by Liverpool buying it off us cos they realise what a monstrosity they've created up there? And then we DO end up having to redevelop Goodison after all? (Potentially with @Tom Hughes as chief designer if we are very skint).

I'm no expert but looking at the absolute car crash of our finances, I think the chances of this playing out are above 0%. (Not the Tom bit maybe).

Not even a fraction of a percentage point of possibility.

We have more chance of winning the League next season, Premier League, not The Championship.

Its around that percentage.

But yes, its not 0%.

LFC have added to a 1906 mainstand (expanded in 1973).... no-one is saying it is outdated.

Goodison Rd would not be a priority, but again if future demands merited further expansion.... to 60-70k. That will be less problematic than on the dock, which the club has already said was tight to model the current capacity in terms of access/egress.

Your points are Outdated. Stadium is getting built at BMD. Get over it fella.

Your points are Outdated. Stadium is getting built at BMD. Get over it fella.

I've got nothing to get over. I was looking at sites on central docks when you were probably happy-clapping Kenwright and Kirkby. The only thing that is severely outdated is the myth that he and his cronies started, and that some here still perpetuate....insisting that GP couldn't be redeveloped and that it would cost anything close to BMD. Which if you read back, is the only point I was responding to.

Say they did buy Bramley Moore they’d sell us anfield to pay for some of it

We only have 22 boxes at BMD. There are only 4 flours of back of house construction at BMD (on 2 sides). This is more than matched at Anfield, which has almost double the corporate capacity and approx 3 times the number of boxes.

As I said earlier, well over half of GP is completely recyclable. So you do not have to start from nothing on any side. The existing lower tiers can be kept as is, or reprofiled. The bottom third of Anfield's mainstand was built in 1906 and predates anything at GP. As they and multiple others have shown, all the corporate required can be built into the new tiers and extended footprint over several floors.
I find this very interesting thanks. Would we be able to expand BMD at some later date in a similar fashion or will the footprint of the site mean it isn't possible?