New Everton Stadium

Cheers mate. I wonder why they've taken those specific seats out then? When they first put the East and West stand lower tier seats in, they weren't missing. Then they removed them. Maybe they'll put them back in at the end.
Absolutely no idea mate. There are seats missing all over the place so i wouldn't read too much into at the moment.

The whole stadium has been modelled in a 3D environment down to the last nut and bolt. For them not realise some seats have got obstructed views of the pitch is extremely unlikely at best.

Absolutely no idea mate. There are seats missing all over the place so i wouldn't read too much into at the moment.

The whole stadium has been modelled in a 3D environment down to the last nut and bolt. For them not realise some seats have got obstructed views of the pitch is extremely unlikely at best.
True mate, I think whenever I just put the word "Everton" in front of anything, I just expect a howler or 2 😆

It was flagged up as soon as the first drawings were revealed. I've never seen a steeper tier abut a neighbouring shallower tier in the corners at an angle to the pitch that wasn't at least parallel to the goal line. If the lower tier of the South stand had turned the corner fully, or been continued at the cranked angle till it met and blended into the side stand, this would've been avoided and approx 100 more seats added in these corners. The result is an awkwardly arranged less than seamless join for the rear 10+ rows of the lower side stands. The view from glazed area in the corner will be dominated by the dividing wall. Of course that is not an issue if nobody is sitting there, but it is a relatively redundant area due to it.

They definitely would't have an obstructed view of the pitch.

Can tell from that screen shot below that the seats are so high up they would easily be able to see all of the pitch. The edge of the playing surface will be roughly where the black crates currently end so the whole wall is behind that.

And those sat on the other side of it, in the South Stand, will be able to see over the top...unless they're a midget and sat at the very end maybe 🤣

View attachment 270639
I like the corners but not sure if I'd choose to sit in those seats that are angled towards each other in the middle of that second block in from the left. Maybe they took the wrong meaning of the word initimate!

They definitely would't have an obstructed view of the pitch.

Can tell from that screen shot below that the seats are so high up they would easily be able to see all of the pitch. The edge of the playing surface will be roughly where the black crates currently end so the whole wall is behind that.

And those sat on the other side of it, in the South Stand, will be able to see over the top...unless they're a midget and sat at the very end maybe 🤣

View attachment 270639
Is that wall and height difference the same in the other corner of the South Stand too?

True mate, I think whenever I just put the word "Everton" in front of anything, I just expect a howler or 2 😆

As we've discussed many a time, it was always going to be a point of concern. When you think that the lower South will all be standing as well, it will be tight.

We need to be clear here to people who haven't been following so closely, by restricted we mean you MIGHT not see the corner flag on the opposite side, or perhaps the player taking the corner if they start from behind the goal line at least. It's not going to spoil anyone's matchday experience. Just a strange design choice given they could have angled it closer to the side stands or had it straight in-line with the goal line.

So those missing seats might be to open the views up but then again because it is such a small compromise, surely they would add the seats and charge a bit less?

Then we still have to see what they do at the back of the away end... 👀

Last edited:
As we've discussed many it was always going to be a point of concern. When you think that the lower South will all be standing as well, it will be tight.

We need to be clear here to people who haven't been following so closely, by restricted we mean you MIGHT not see the corner flag on the opposite side, or perhaps the player taking the corner if they start from behind the goal line at least. It's not going to spoil anyone's matchday experience. Just a strange design choice given they could have angled it closer to the side stands or had it straight in-line with the goal line.

So those missing seats might be to open the views up but then again because it is such a small compromise, surely they would add the seats and charge a bit less?

Then we still have to see what they do at the back of the away end... 👀

Deffo mate. I was like you regarding that away end and thinking "I wonder if they're going to add more corporate boxes"....but doesn't look like it so it'll be interesting if they go all the way back because there'll deffo be a few rows compromised if they do.

Straight in line with the goal line would have been far better (South stand) as they could have added more seats right up to the wall as well.

Deffo mate. I was like you regarding that away end and thinking "I wonder if they're going to add more corporate boxes"....but doesn't look like it so it'll be interesting if they go all the way back because there'll deffo be a few rows compromised if they do.

Straight in line with the goal line would have been far better (South stand) as they could have added more seats right up to the wall as well.

Edit - there's an image in this thread @The binman chronicles as well where someone was standing in the away end corner saying "I wouldn't like it to be my seat" as it looked obscured and there was a sticker someone had put on the roof saying kopites are gobshytes 😆

Would be good if anyone on here knows how to search for images in a particular thread to see if we can go back and take a look.

It was flagged up as soon as the first drawings were revealed. I've never seen a steeper tier abut a neighbouring shallower tier in the corners at an angle to the pitch that wasn't at least parallel to the goal line. If the lower tier of the South stand had turned the corner fully, or been continued at the cranked angle till it met and blended into the side stand, this would've been avoided and approx 100 more seats added in these corners. The result is an awkwardly arranged less than seamless join for the rear 10+ rows of the lower side stands. The view from glazed area in the corner will be dominated by the dividing wall. Of course that is not an issue if nobody is sitting there, but it is a relatively redundant area due to it.

Are you trying to suggest that the wall is going to obstruct the view of the pitch?

In terms of the wall placement, i'm quite sure this will have all been discussed and there will be valid reasons for the approach taken.

I think you're doing the design team a disservice with comments like this.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back