New Everton Stadium

Took a couple of days...but we were young and foolish! No trouble at all with the Milan fans or anybody in those days. I can remember quite a few blues being there...and we saw a few other cars with blues en route. Heck of an experience for a 22 year old then..wouldn't attempt driving to London these days and I think twice about driving to Manchester. Great memories though.
When was it we beat Fulham 4-0(I think) to win the league at the time of Keith Newton? He used to appear on a quiz show called called Quiz Ball(?) in which the players took an easy question(route four) or a hard question(route one). Whenever Keith was about to clear from the left back position, some wag in the paddock would shout 'Take route four,Newton'
Talking of TV....when Danny Blanchflower was advertising Shredded Wheat in the early days of ITV, someone put a box of said cereal on the centre spot when we played Spurs!
I reckon we need a random memories thread!!!
He only played 12 games in the league winning season and Fulham were not n the division at the time. Maybe Ipswich 3-0 in January 1970...?
That was a good quiz programme though!!!! David Vine the presenter?

He only played 12 games in the league winning season and Fulham were not n the division at the time. Maybe Ipswich 3-0 in January 1970...?

Could be...I'm doing all this from my slightly knackered memory, without checking! Will check and come back! Time does play tricks when you get older!! E.g. I have a memory of Everton goalie Jimmy O'Niell(?) playing 'on loan' for Marine.....and West Indian cricket icon Sir Garfield Sobers having a trial with Everton as a goalie....and then of course there's the one legged centre forward.....different planet,methinks.....;):D

Yes David Vine. It ran from 1966-1972 Can't see Newton or any other Everton player on list of participants,which is incomplete anyway. No archive recording either...but I can dig a bit deeper.
Apologies for straying off topic! Memories need a thread!!

Yes David Vine. It ran from 1966-1972 Can't see Newton or any other Everton player on list of participants,which is incomplete anyway. No archive recording either...but I can dig a bit deeper.
Apologies for straying off topic! Memories need a thread!!
Everton were definitely on it at least once mate, Labone being part of the team. Not claiming anyone else though!!

Doesn't look very promising for a planning application to go in before the end of the year. Not even a sniff of a stadium render. I don't think things are going to plan. I'll be honest, when Goodison was tarted up I began to have my doubts about new stadium. Those doubts are growing stronger each month that passes. Meis only pipes up if you upset him on Twitter.

Doesn't look very promising for a planning application to go in before the end of the year. Not even a sniff of a stadium render. I don't think things are going to plan. I'll be honest, when Goodison was tarted up I began to have my doubts about new stadium. Those doubts are growing stronger each month that passes. Meis only pipes up if you upset him on Twitter.

How can you possibly comment either way unless you're involved in the project?

Optimistically hoping they are going to get everything prepared ahead of an imminent planning permission, then release information including renderings to the fans and media. Bill is hardly going to start giving sensitive information away to the Supporters Association when the whole thing has been so secretive for so long. Still confident BMD will happen, as the stadium is required to help accelerate Liverpool Waters, regenerate North Liverpool and draw people along the whole waterfront. Its part of a huge change for the city. Meis posted the BMD page up on his web site in Sept - would look a bit of a fool if he did that and then the whole thing fell through - he must have cleared that with the Board first. We just have to patient.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back