New Everton Stadium Discussion

Putting football to one side, the people of Liverpool deserve to know what the city is going in for. and then they can speak to their local members if they disagree or not. The deal screams of shadiness.

People keep on saying it will make millions for the city, yet we know nothing about how the deal is structured and I'm not willing to trust fat joe who doesn't seem like the smartest bloke and obviously has his motives.

Questions rightfully should be asked and a detailed report for the public should rightfully be made.

Look at the west ham deal - another shady as **** deal that cost tax payers millions. I don't want that to happen to this city because its already on its knees (as joe keeps on reminding us).

1. Who picks up the bill for all infrastructure costs, transportation costs etc - the city is broke, can it afford all this work?

2. Is the loan percentage based on the construction cost? or is it a a lump sum? - that is an important question because what happens when construction costs inevitably increases? Does the council loan increase then as well? can everton afford the increased costs?

3. What happens if everton are liquidated or can't afford the bills? - the loan is spread over a huge amount of years in football terms. Ask villa, leeds etc if they ever thought they would be relegated and they would say no. 25+ years is a huge risk for the council to be sure everton can keep paying. because all it takes is a couple of years and the council would be dead on its knees.

Interesting user name especially the first 2 letters lol

I don't care what you think of me or my posting history, this is the online world. I raised genuine concerns and you don't reply and just go with the defensive attitude, grow up and see the wider picture if not for you then your friends and family who will be impacted by this, good or bad.
I love Liverpool the city. If you think Liverpool will be worse off with an Everton stadium down the docks then you haven't been paying attention to the grinding cuts already in the town and their effects. It wont get cut further than that, because it CANT get cut further than that.

The only issue here is whether the council make a killing off Everton and not the other way about. Anderson is already crowing about how much he'll fleece the club in terms of tax and interest.

Anyway, it's all a moot point imo because we wont see any stadium down there.

Please provide evidence of this.
The evidence is in the actual shift from the public sector creating a facility for a loan to providing the loan. That strongly suggests market failure to take up the vacuum in funding. Also, the CEO told us that funding was "challenging".

The evidence is in the actual shift from the public sector creating a facility for a loan to providing the loan. That strongly suggests market failure to take up the vacuum in funding. Also, the CEO told us that funding was "challenging".
That’s not evidence that you guessing.

The CEO’s a moron, he finds putting his shoes on challenging

How about the fact that if LCC get a loan and give us the money it works out as a better deal for both sides, they get 7 mil instead of 4 and for us it’s a 25 year one instead of 40.

How about the fact that if LCC get a loan and give us the money it works out as a better deal for both sides, they get 7 mil instead of 4 and for us it’s a 25 year one instead of 40.
Add to that the shorter period of time equals less risk for the council

...so why wasn't that the original plan?

I love Liverpool the city. If you think Liverpool will be worse off with an Everton stadium down the docks then you haven't been paying attention to the grinding cuts already in the town and their effects. It wont get cut further than that, because it CANT get cut further than that.

The only issue here is whether the council make a killing off Everton and not the other way about. Anderson is already crowing about how much he'll fleece the club in terms of tax and interest.

Anyway, it's all a moot point imo because we wont see any stadium down there.

Tut, tut Dave, you are letting your negativity rise again! If no stadium there then what happens?

BTW, like you I love my City although I have not actually lived there for many years but visit regularly and have relatives there. Also Liverpool is not the only City to be hit with awful cuts.

Exactly. Some people can't seem to grasp this fact

No idea, maybe after the original agreement JA thought there could be a better and more beneficial deal they could do.

It’s basically the same deal just removes the SPV and makes it less complicated
It was months apart. The original plan should have been watertight. It looks now like it was a thin end of the wedge statement to make an eventual requirement for public cash to be made and portrayed as just as sound. That sort of mission creep will have to be looked at closely by risk assessors and the district auditor. It looks like sleight of hand to prop a private business up in its efforts to expand.

Tut, tut Dave, you are letting your negativity rise again! If no stadium there then what happens?

BTW, like you I love my City although I have not actually lived there for many years but visit regularly and have relatives there. Also Liverpool is not the only City to be hit with awful cuts.
I dont believe in accepting things at face value. There's too little reflection going on here. I have no idea how people can accept ANYTHING Anderson says or have any faith in Moshiri doing the right thing.

My knowledge of each has me suspecting/doubting them.