New Everton Stadium Discussion

The ground at BMD will provide huge earning opportunities seven days a week in a way that very few other grounds will do.
As I understand it there will be stalls and stands around the site but outside of the ground which I expect will be open for business seven days a week.
The ground at BMD and the docks as a whole will draw huge crowds of locals and tourists to the area.

If , we can also have a winning team by the time the ground is opened the potential is huge.
Not being funny here but are you local? Cos if you are all of that is an incredible leap of faith.

We may get a few more people visiting now than Goodison but this weird idea that BMD once built will suddenly become some kind of mecca is utterly bizarre. What have you seen in the plans to justify those comments?

Main stand and park end yes could be done separately possibly but bullens and Gladys St I don't think could.. the integrity of them would me compromised if you did one side at a time.

I mean the club conducted loads of studies and professionals deemed it unfeasible.

So no idea why we are still talking about it personally.

The integrity of a stadium will be compromised in any case by adding capacity to it. I'm pretty sure architects could restore the original curvature at that juncture.

As for shutting down and losing gate receipts: the LFC Anfield Road end will be built with minimal disruption - first phase = building the new grandstand on Anfield Road itself - not touching the current stand and so not reducing present capacity. The second phase IIRC wil be to have it into place in the summer of 2023 and opened for the 2023/24 season. So they'll simply go from 55k to 61k without loss of attendance in between.

The integrity of a stadium will be compromised in any case by adding capacity to it. I'm pretty sure architects could restore the original curvature at that juncture.

As for shutting down and losing gate receipts: the LFC Anfield Road end will be built with minimal disruption - first phase = building the new grandstand on Anfield Road itself - not touching the current stand and so not reducing present capacity. The second phase IIRC wil be to have it into place in the summer of 2023 and opened for the 2023/24 season. So they'll simply go from 55k to 61k without loss of attendance in between.
Oh ok.

Lets call the new stadium at BRAMLEY MOORE dock off cos Dave says Goodison CAN actually be rebuilt.

Not being funny here but are you local? Cos if you are all of that is an incredible leap of faith.

We may get a few more people visiting now than Goodison but this weird idea that BMD once built will suddenly become some kind of mecca is utterly bizarre. What have you seen in the plans to justify those comments?
It’s not just about people visiting though. Boxing, ufc, concerts, VIP boxes etc. A stadium will only get a huge increase in tourists visiting it when a team is successful, having a brand new stadium that gives us way more opportunities than we have at goodison is a great way to add money to the pot and help us become more successful and increase visitors due to it.

Because I've looked at multiple comparable projects for over 30yrs and i was also a design engineer for a company that worked on many similar projects. I've also surveyed GP and sightline modelled several possibilities at the site and liaised with city planners going back over 25yrs.

General rule of thumb is that it is almost always cheaper to redevelop a large stadium, because you simply don't have as much to build than if you're starting from scratch.

The basic broad brush maths are that approx 30k seats are recyclable at GP.... and at £4-8k per new seat for redevelopment:

23k new seats gets to BMDs 53k capacity, and would be approx £100-200m.

35k new seats to realise 65k would therefore be approx £150-350m dependent on spec, structural format chosen and various trimmings such as closing roof or corporate boxes or exec tier/lounges, additional land acquisition etc.

Again, generally speaking, if moving comes as part of a larger enabling scheme, that equation will begin to balance the other way. We first looked at BMD with a view to cashing in on the commonwealth games bid and a whole raft of enabling funding. That collapsed when it was brought forward and outside our timeline. It then went quiet for over a year. Now, several years and consultation processes later, we still don't yet know what that means for our financial model ......

So I'm not sure why anyone would consider this the quicker or cheaper task.

Thing is if you spent 250 to 350 million redeveloping Goodison you won't get naming rights worth a dime and you're left with a carbuncle ground. If we got 250 million sponsorship for a 500m build then it's cost near enough the same and we have a better location to help grow the brand to try and keep up with the Joneses.

Thing is if you spent 250 to 350 million redeveloping Goodison you won't get naming rights worth a dime and you're left with a carbuncle ground. If we got 250 million sponsorship for a 500m build then it's cost near enough the same and we have a better location to help grow the brand to try and keep up with the Joneses.
Dave knows best.

On the banks of the Royal blue hot wok it is then. Oh well.

There are huge plans to develop the dockland area, BMD is just part of that.
The stadium will be a magnet for tourists and in particular those interested in sport.

I think this stadium can open huge possibilities for the club.

Why won't you get naming rights at GP.... if Usmanov can sponsor a training ground that rarely appears on TV or put up £25m just for first dibs on naming BMD.... he can put his name on anything he wants. However, naming rights are entirely speculative, and we still have not finalised the finances.....

If you spent that much on GP, it wouldn't be a carbuncle at all, it could have more capacity (to future proof it), more boxes (only 22 at BMD) and bigger lounges and traditional multi-tier stands that are synonymous with the club. There would be no need for overly expensive facades and £100m spends to prep the site and appease heritage people.

Or..... even if you'd only spent £100-150m to get to a transformed GP up to the same capacity as BMD proposals...... then even more of those naming rights could go to putting a better team on the pitch to win things, rather than paying off that massive loan.

Why won't you get naming rights at GP.... if Usmanov can sponsor a training ground that rarely appears on TV or put up £25m just for first dibs on naming BMD.... he can put his name on anything he wants. However, naming rights are entirely speculative, and we still have not finalised the finances.....

If you spent that much on GP, it wouldn't be a carbuncle at all, it could have more capacity (to future proof it), more boxes (only 22 at BMD) and bigger lounges and traditional multi-tier stands that are synonymous with the club. There would be no need for overly expensive facades and £100m spends to prep the site and appease heritage people.

Or..... even if you'd only spent £100-150m to get to a transformed GP up to the same capacity as BMD proposals...... then even more of those naming rights could go to putting a better team on the pitch to win things, rather than paying off that massive loan.
Ifs, buts, maybes.

None of it in any way relevant as things stand.