New Everton Stadium

Off twitter......one of the best ever

C7X7zBzWwAIFchl.jpg:large
Muhahaha

Hmm, maybe we could give it away to Liverpool City and they would then rebuild it as a permanent stadium for athletics while using just Lower Gwladys and Goodison stands in the phase one?

ad24af9d7ef3e1ef8711bec15bc1d5fd.jpg

The new Goodison could then become the big home of athletics in Merseyside for years coming. If needed, there would be space available to slowly rebuilt it into a full stadium for around 25k people. Wavertree to train, Goodison to race. Apart of athletics let there play our reserve/ladies or any football, rugby or american football team from Merseyside interested to play there. And a real possiblity could be speedway.

I would prefer something like this much more over a Lidl or houses.
HAHA

Hmm, maybe we could give it away to Liverpool City and they would then rebuild it as a permanent stadium for athletics while using just Lower Gwladys and Goodison stands in the phase one?

ad24af9d7ef3e1ef8711bec15bc1d5fd.jpg

The new Goodison could then become the big home of athletics in Merseyside for years coming. If needed, there would be space available to slowly rebuilt it into a full stadium for around 25k people. Wavertree to train, Goodison to race. Apart of athletics let there play our reserve/ladies or any football, rugby or american football team from Merseyside interested to play there. And a real possiblity could be speedway.

I would prefer something like this much more over a Lidl or houses.

Anything is preferable to it being a Lidl! I'm not sure LCC would want or need the up-keep on a stadium that's hardly used though. So we either keep the land for our lessor teams and/or community use or it is going to be redeveloped for non sporting use.

One thing to note is while Bill is chairman there is more of a chance it won't end up as a supermarket and car park. He was handsomely paid for some of his shares, surely the least he can do is keep it as a memorial to the time he spent in the boys pen?

I think around the time we were looking at Kirkby the estimates to sell Goodison were around 7 to 15 million pounds. Can we have a GOT whip round to raise the funds? I'm sure @tommye can handle the maintenence at the weekends. ;) :Blink: :p

wow, what a pair of horrible bitter turds. Not a decent argument apart from they don't want us to have something they can't have. Spoilt brat syndrome.
You sound surprised mate.

Just wait until it's finally announced, there'll be kopites all over the local and national talk shows screeching about it.

A top draw Everton stadium on the City's waterside skyline is their worst nightmare. They'll go into overdrive, they've been bad enough whilst its just been rumour. Get ready it'll be fun to watch.

Anyone know what the dog poo per square foot ratio is in the Bramley Moore area? Just wondering if my experience walking to the ground will be significantly different.

Good point. Walton Lane is disgusting for dog poo, we daren't take our eyes off the pavement en route to the match.

Bramley Moore will be full of it - according to the kopites, millions walk their dogs there!

It's going to be interesting to watch the RS go through different stages as our new home progresses.

Currently they are in the 'denial' phase, taking the piss, they can't believe it will never happen kind of comments.

Second stage will come when announcement is made - 'anger' - expect major meltdown in blogs and radio phone in's, letters to MP's and council, bullets in the post, it's a word heritage site, there's a rare red frog only found in BMD, blah blah etc...

When they start to see the stadium actually getting built it will be major depression and they will at that point probably turn on themselves - 'why didn't we build a new stadium on the docks'... 'how come all we have is a new stand'.. 'where's the Suarez money'... . when they drop out of top 4 and see continued success by our team the depression will accelerate

Final stage is acceptance - 'well at least we get to see a game in a nice shiny stadium once a year'

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back