New Everton Stadium

To save money we have made them walk to BMD...............Everton that.
6be5c9392975e9e76a455d00a2903e41.jpg

I've mentioned this before. I hope they really do some studies to try to maximize the atmosphere. Part of the greatness of Goodison is that, on it's day, it is a snarling mass of anger and noise. That needs to be brought over and amplified at the new stadium as well. There are 3-5 teams in the States that have given not just thought but priority to it and they are rewarded with that atmosphere that makes sport so special.
One problem with creating atmosphere is that these days fans are asking for more comfort. This tends to translate into wider seats, more leg room, more gangways and exits etc. Unfortunately all these things reduce the density of seating and hence the transmission of noise amongst the crowd. So I would hope that one end of the ground would pay less importance to these pressures. Here the seating would be denser and so more conducive to the generation of noise. The trade off would need to be in the form of lower prices for this end of the ground.

Still on the subject of atmosphere, something I would not like to see are the corporate areas round all four sides, particularly if private boxes are to be mid-stadium as it were (eg as at Arsenal) rather than at the top of the upper tier (eg Old Trafford).

I had a look at Meis designs earlier on and they all look really good to me, so hoping ours will be boss too, not going to please everyone but i'm excited to eventually see it

Any reason why Everton haven't sent out a hold the date to the nation's media like they did with the Lukaku signing if they are announcing something as major as a stadium?

Oh wait, those bozos from the Echo podcast have been allowed out for the day.

It's going to happen though, Joe Anderson who is a fat bald man has tweeted he has cancelled his gym and hair appointment. What more proof do you need????

Seriously, stop and think about it and you realise its getting announced on Thursday.

Stop being negative.

I've heard the sprinklers at halftime fire skittles into crowd and the floodlights fire rainbows to light the pitch up.

Outside the ground as you walk up we will have holograms of great Everton goals throughout history played in front of us.

The giant paino from the hit motion picture "Big" will also be at the ground for us to play chopsticks on with former players.

We will have coconut shys outside with the coconuts made up to look like Emlyn Hughes, Ian Rush, John Aldridge etc etc.

It's going to be the best thing ever and Joe Anderson's tweet confirms all this.

Well now you've gone and got my hopes up.

Is this the Thursday announcement based on a fat, bald man joking about cancelling gym and haircut appointments?
I'm pretty sure Joe has neither gym nor haircut appointments on Thursday.

The mayor makes nudge-nudge-wink-wink remarks about clearing his calendar on Thursday, only a sociopath would do that on Twitter without it meaning something.

I'm not holding my breath for anything more than confirmation of the land purchase, but to suggest nothing will happen at all is a bit silly.

I'm pretty sure Joe has neither gym nor haircut appointments on Thursday.

The mayor makes nudge-nudge-wink-wink remarks about clearing his calendar on Thursday, only a sociopath would do that on Twitter without it meaning something.

I'm not holding my breath for anything more than confirmation of the land purchase, but to suggest nothing will happen at all is a bit silly.
A link between sociopaths and Twitter - surely surely not.

I was told today that we're still yet to prove to the council and Peel that we have the finance in place for the stadium. The person has gave me good info in the past, be interesting to see what's announced on Thursday.

Any reason why Everton haven't sent out a hold the date to the nation's media like they did with the Lukaku signing if they are announcing something as major as a stadium?

Oh wait, those bozos from the Echo podcast have been allowed out for the day.
The last person ever to say that was this fella

upload_2017-3-21_13-9-51.webp

Cant see anything happening on Thursday ! and people cant fume about it either ! as nothing has been said anywhere apart from the hundred thousand fans "in the know" ! how anyone can read into Joe Anderson tweet as being a new stadium announced i'll never know !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back